Tascam DR 07 Recorded SD Card Problem HELP

PeterD

Banned
Gear owned
Tascam DR07
Hi all

I have owned a Tascam o7 for a few years now and it's had a lot of use and been GREAT But last night I did a two hour recording and always on completion I remove the SD Card from the recorder and place it in my computer to download the recording into the hard drive BUT !!

Whilst I can 'listen' to the recordings on the Tascam my computer tells me the card is blank and wants to format it and 3 different computers too so I'm stuck up the river without a paddle. At present I see the only way to copy the recordings is to take the jack output into the soundcard and into Soundforge and spend 2 hours listening to all the music as it records and then edit it !! please tell me I don't have to do this.

Ideas PLEASE Thanks

A card reader in a mobile device may not be so unforgiving and allow you to copy the file on that device.

Reactions: Mark Richards
Just to see if things CAN work the way they usually do, I would try making a short recording (even a few seconds of speech) on a different card, using your usual settings. Then try reading THAT card on the computer. What happens?

Only one other thing I can think of, and I know it's probably dumb, but is it possible you accidentally made the recording using a different format than you usually do (MP3 instead of WAV, for example)?

Also, you might try connecting the recorder to the computer using a usb cable. Page 41 in the manual. It says the recorder should show as a hard disk on the computer. You might be able to browse the “disk”, find the file and copy it to the computer directly from the recorder.

Worth a shot….

Also, you might try connecting the recorder to the computer using a usb cable. Page 41 in the manual. It says the recorder should show as a hard disk on the computer. You might be able to browse the “disk”, find the file and copy it to the computer directly from the recorder.orked

Worth a shot….

Thank you txvdl for BOTH of your replies.

Reply 1 Yes I did try your suggestion and Yes it worked 100% as it should have done thank you. The file incidentally is definitely a WAV file.

Reply 2 Yes this is standard practice of course however I have always removed the card and put it straight into my computer saves me hunting and saying 'what the H have I done with that cable'.

Anyway time to close this post as I have now decided there is no easy answer to this and done it the 'hard' way not exactly Digital Quality either but what the heck. Achieved by taking the output direct into my soundcard and Soundforge and sitting waiting for it to do its business.

Thanks for you thoughts they are very much appreciated.

I find it easier to use the USB cable to connect the recorder to the computer. Taking the tiny sd card in and out for years increases the chance of damaging the card or the mechanical sd card slot at some point?

Maybe when the card is in the recorder go into the system menu and do a Full Format, it might help? Make sure you have saved the files first as this will delete everything.

Also if the card is playing up maybe its time to buy a new sd card for peace of mind.

In the sprit of furthering knowledge….

PeterD, you said you tried connecting your recorder to your computer using a USB cable. Were you able to find or access the files on the recorder when connected that way? You never said if your WAV file was visible that way.

Thanks!

New threads

Members online