Tascam DR-40 Recording two Lavalier mics at the Same Time

asy3661

Gear owned
Tascam DR-40
Hi all,

I've been having some difficulties getting my DR-40 set up how I'd like. I'm doing interview-like work, and want to record two different speakers at once. I've been having issues getting both XLR ports to work and have both speakers be heard evenly in both ears. Ideally, there would be a mono setting where you can use both XLR ports, but it seems like you can only use the left port mono. Because of this, I've tried setting the recorder to stereo, and then setting the mixer so that both the left and right tracks are centered, so that the both speakers should show up equally in both ears. When I plug my earbuds into the DR 40, it works fine, but when I transfer the files to my computer, the left input shows up only in my left ear, and the right input in my right ear.

Is there a way I can change this with the recorder, and in essence record all of it in mono, or will I have to use some software to modify the levels?

If you're transferring the files to the computer, just pan them center and render. The fact that you have separate tracks for each speaker is a benefit, not a hindrance.

New threads

Members online