Tascam model 24 overheating

MrFeenix

Gear owned
Tascam Model 24
Hello , New here but have plenty of experience with desks. My Tascam seems to be getting overly hot along the inputs at the top back near the middle inputs. It's only the second time i've had it on since buying it last week so have nothing to compare it to. From about input 6 all the way to the main XLR outs as low as the selection switches seems to be quite warm. I'm in the UK and my flat has not heating on and there's plenty of space around the M24 situated on a flat wooden desk. It's connected to my laptop but nothing connected to the M24 apart from USB and the 2 XLR outs. Is this normal for the Model 24? I has been on for approx 1 hour. Can anyone with one clarify if this is normal for this model? Many Thanks in advance

Well it seems to have cooled down now. really don't know why it got so hot then cooled. What i have noticed now i've recorded something is the noise. I'm hoping it's to do with the USB . i'm going to record something tomorrow without it being connected to the PC. Another thing i've noticed is it misses off the first part of recording the audio from the Midi device.This happens directly to the SD or if i record with Ableton it misses off the beginning and there's a blank space where it should be 0.00.217 is the length then the recording starts. I'm using M24 as Master which starts Ableton and that starts the drum machine via Midi USB . The recording on the M 24 misses the beginning of the drum machine audio. Not Happy . I've used a Tascam US 1800 for years with no problems (maybe a ms delay but not noticeable). Anyone else having these kind of problems?

Well it seems its just a very noisy desk. I changed the output to just a main mix from the drum machine 1 cable and when the fader is turned over 0 you start to hear the background hiss even worse with any gain the floor must be really bad . So i tried just without anything plugged in and you hear it more noticeable if switched to MTR but still there switched to LIVE. Is this the same with all Model 24's ? It's taken me such a long time to save up for this and i'm really disappointed it sounds like an old 4 track tape machine than a digital.

New threads

Members online