Tascam MSR24S Dolby moduls

Laszlo

From
Near Budapest, Hungary
Gear owned
Tascam Ampex Mechlabor
Hi All,

I was lucky enough to put my hands on a Tascam MSR24S in mint condition. Based on the cosmetic condition, and headware, I assume a service life between 500-1000hrs..I saw some videos before I purchased it, and it looked like operating perfectly. I am fully aware of the dreaded default issue with the Dolby S cards smd lytics, and couldnt wait to open up the machine and check the cards.
I was very much surprised to see that these cards are different from what I have seen earlier with the leaking smd lytics..I reckon someone wrote earlier that some later serial numbers got modified dolby cards, or I just deramed of it? Anyway, the leaking lytics are totally missing, at least as I can see on the panels.
Can anybody comment on this matter? I am sure Sam has something to say based on his history of this issue..
Pictures in the FB post through this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/259...ecently_seen&multi_permalinks=960945941565085
Cheers from springy Budapest..

I can comment if you put pictures somewhere that doesn't require joining a FB group.

New threads

Members online