Tascam US 16x08 Keeps losing USB connection

Rainer Ild

Gear owned
tascam us-16x08
Hi!

I've been using the 16x08 with the same laptop for two years now. And now, suddenly, out of knowhere it starts losing connection between the laptop. Everything is fine when I turn on the computer and connect the device but the connection starts messing around when I record or playback from the daw. I use Cubase 10.5 for the recording sessions and Ableton Live when I play gigs.

It started crashing at gigs(embarrasing) and the control panel says " lost connection with the device or device not found" or something like that.

I have tried different USB ports, nothing changes.
I have tried older interface drivers, nothing changes.
I have even formated and reinstalled windows, but nothing changes.

Is it a new windows update thing?

Rainer

Tried a different cable?

To be specific, It works fine for 10-20 minutes. Then it loses connection, then I reselect the audio interface from the daw. Continue my work. Maybe record or mix for 10 minutes again and it loses the connection again. Reselect the driver again and etc etc.......tha same loop again and again.. That has been my workflow for a month now.

Wow, you can't get anything done like that!

There is another thread addressing this. Try plugging your USB cord into a USB 2.0 port instead of the 3.0 port. I was having the same problem and this seems to have fixed it.

Reactions: -mjk-
To DPM309,

That would make sense if i had started using the interface with this computer just now. But I have been using the same set up for two years now - and i haven't had these problems until now. I only have usb3 ports on my computer.

But...Interesting thing i descovered. It seems to be connected to updates somehow maybe..I'm not sure. I had this wierd thing after I formated my laptop where command prompt popped up every now and then.. It was caused by acer laptops own driver updater utility tool or something.. So i got rid of that..And that stopped.. But the sound card crashes seemed to line up with the command prompt pop ups. The commant prompt pop ups stopped but the sound card still keeps crashing..

I'll let you know if I discover anything else.

My unit was working fine until one of the last Windows 10 update. Luckily I have both USB 2 and 3 ports on my computer. Has been a month since I switched ports and have had zero problems with the 16x08.

Hi again.

Just in case I checked my usb ports and turns out that i have one usb2 port. So i connected the interface to that port but it still keeps losing connection. I have run out of ideas.

The only other thing I can think of would be to load one of the older drivers since you suspect that this issue could be caused by the latest update.

Last edited:
Hi, me again.
I'm writing these just in case it helps someone..

To DPM309: I have tried all the older drivers but nothing.

So anyway, the new driver update came. So I installed the driver 4.00 version. Then I started producing, made some sweeet music for about 4 hours and during that the driver crashed only 1 time.. I'm not sure if the problem is fixed but it is a step for the better.

Rainer

Reactions: -mjk-
Still have not had any issues after changing USB ports though but I haven't used it more than 2 1/2 to 3 hours at a time. Saw that version 4 is available but I am a little nervous updating at this time since everything is working.

SOLVED IT!

As wierd as it sounds, After I changed the power adapter my problems went away. Wierd cause there were no indication that the problem could've been that. So if you are having same problem with your interface, ( keeps losing connection) then maybe it can be because of the power adapter.

Reactions: Eti Lau and -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.