Tascam US-16X08 latency/Lag

JoshALL

Gear owned
US-16X08
Hi all,
Just invested in this Tascam unit and I am running into some issues.

First off, I am running Windows 10, my DAW is Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio and I currently have the newest driver installed.

I recorded a guitar track through the Line 9 input and it was great, fantastic, no issues at all.

Then I went to record drums to it using channels 1-8 and I was getting latency on recording and playback.

I changed my sound output 1/2 to master R and Master L as I read this helps listen directly through the unit to headphones, and it took away that latency issue.

However, when I go to play back the track I recorded, it is all slightly off from the guitar amd click track.

I adjusted the buffer sample, and it seemed to help, but only temporarily as it gradually started falling behind again.

Is there something I am missing or doing wrong? I never had these issues with my Zoom R16, only reason I got the Tascam was because I wanted the extra inputs but it is giving me a lot of hassle.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Screw it.
I am just going to return this unit and invest in the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20.

I don't see many people complain about the same issues like everyone does with this unit, to which there is never any resolution, just people settling.

New threads

Members online