Tascam US-16X08 latency/Lag

JoshALL

Gear owned
US-16X08
Hi all,
Just invested in this Tascam unit and I am running into some issues.

First off, I am running Windows 10, my DAW is Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio and I currently have the newest driver installed.

I recorded a guitar track through the Line 9 input and it was great, fantastic, no issues at all.

Then I went to record drums to it using channels 1-8 and I was getting latency on recording and playback.

I changed my sound output 1/2 to master R and Master L as I read this helps listen directly through the unit to headphones, and it took away that latency issue.

However, when I go to play back the track I recorded, it is all slightly off from the guitar amd click track.

I adjusted the buffer sample, and it seemed to help, but only temporarily as it gradually started falling behind again.

Is there something I am missing or doing wrong? I never had these issues with my Zoom R16, only reason I got the Tascam was because I wanted the extra inputs but it is giving me a lot of hassle.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Screw it.
I am just going to return this unit and invest in the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20.

I don't see many people complain about the same issues like everyone does with this unit, to which there is never any resolution, just people settling.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.