Tascam US-16x08 not saving Mixer Settings

BlechMann

Gear owned
Tascam US-16x08
Hi!

My Name is Andreas. In our Trial Room we have a Tascam US-16x08 running for Monitoring an recording all Instruments.

So we did set up the Mixer Settings and saved it in Scene Memory. But loading causes all settings mixed up, including weired Channel naming... nothing will be restored as it was saved.

Does anyone know how to solve this?! We really need our Settings to be saved.

Running on Windows 10. Fw and Software newest version.

Thank you!

I have the same issue. It's random & unpredictable. Sometimes it saves some (but not all) channel names, other times it wipes everything out. Haven't gotten a response from Tascam about this or any issue. Do they respond to anyone about anything?

As far as the channel renaming goes, I found that if I don't hit "ENTER" after every channel I rename, it won't always save properly.

I don't have any trouble with jumbled settings upon loading anything, but I know if any of the saved SceneMemory ".ini" files get deleted/corrupted, it can screw up your settings. You could try to open them with a text editor (notepad) and make changes manually to see if it corrects the issues. You should make a backup of the settings files first, just in case. Some of the EQ/Comp values are a little confusing to set manually, but you can figure it out with a little trial & error. When I get the settings where I want em, I mark any SceneMemory that I don't want to be altered as "Read-only" in their ".ini" file properties. Then I can temporarily revert the "Read-only" attribute if I want to make changes later.

If you want to backup your settings, save all of the ".ini" files located here:
"C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\TASCAM"

-Of course, only do this at your own risk, lol. If you're not comfortable editing the ".ini" files, then don't. You should also probably close the Settings Panel app and disconnect the US-16x08 before making any changes.

1. The file titled "US-16x08_Setting.ini" is the main overall settings for the Settings Panel software, with whatever mixer settings you last used being saved upon closing the app. (I wouldn't make this "Read-only")

Any personalized SceneMemory you have should appear in this directory after saving them. If you haven't saved a SceneMemory, there won't be any ".ini" files for them located here, of course. The settings file for "SceneMemory1" would be titled "US-16x08_sm1.ini", "SceneMemory2" would be "US-16x08_sm2.ini", etc. These are the files you'd edit to test adjustments to the individual SceneMemory settings. (These files are what I occasionally mark as "Read-only", but obviously you can't make any changes to them in the Settings Panel if you do)

The file titled "US-16x08_SceneMemory.ini" is merely a list of any SceneMemory names you have saved in the order they appear in the Settings Panel's SceneMemory drop-down list (I wouldn't make this "Read-only").

-Let's say I save/rename "SceneMemory1" as "Mics EQ", and "SceneMemory2" as "Guitar Comp". When you open the file titled "US-16x08_SceneMemory.ini" with notepad, it'll look something like this:

-EXAMPLE:
[SceneMemory]
SceneMemory1=Mics EQ
SceneMemory2=Guitar Comp

The name for "SceneMemory1" will correspond to the settings file titled "US-16x08_sm1.ini" and "SceneMemory2" corresponds to the settings file titled "US-16x08_sm2.ini", etc.

Sometimes the order of this list gets scrambled and isn't in line with the actual order I thought I saved them in. I think Tascam should really think about making a pop-up notification when you save/rename/load a SceneMemory. I have a feeling there might still be something happening in the background and then sometimes we make more changes or close the app before it's finished.

Yeah.

Finally I know Im not alone on this. Mark Ginn describes just exactly my Issue.

And thanks @ Cripple!! This is a bice Idea. Dont know why I didnt came to this workaround by myself. Gonna try this out in coming week...

New threads

Members online

No members online now.