Tascam US-366 effects problems

Rayane

Gear owned
TASCAM US-366
Hello there !

My friend has a Tascam US-366 and she uses it every time, but sometimes she has some problems with Tascam effects, and they stop working for like 6 months. We tried to resolve the problem together but nothing happen, she can use the interface but she can't even use effects, we tried to reinstall drivers (v1.04) and mixer panel but nothing. Can someone help us, it would be nice ^^ !

A recurrent message displays when she tries to resolve audio problems, it's about generic audio driver, but we don't know what it is.

Sorry for the screen, it's french ! (Contrôleurs audio, video et jeu = audio, video, game controllers / entrée et sorties audio = audio input and output)

d8fe0cc00e0991408741609e756128ac.png

Hi @Rayane and welcome to the Tascam Forums.

A recurrent message displays when she tries to resolve audio problems, it's about generic audio driver, but we don't know what it is.

Since you are having audio problems and are also getting a notification about an audio driver, the first thing I would do is research the exact notification message and try to resolve that first. This would seem relevant since you said you tried to reinstall the drivers.

Please follow up and let us know what happened.

I already tried to resolve the generic audio driver problem, but nothing happen :/

Reactions: -mjk-
I know it's in French, but what did the notification say?

I'm going to ask Patrick-Gilles Maillot to take a look at these screen shots. Thank you for posting them.

Apparently, the proper driver is not installed. This system is suggesting to use the generic Microsoft driver, but that's not going to work most likely. Somehow, you have to remove either the badly installed or corrupted previous audio driver, and reinstall the audio driver specific for the device.

@Rayane it seems that your trouble is about the audio driver.

Also be sure to NOT set your daw sample rate to 96 or 192.

Us-366 effects only work when the daw is set for 44.1 or 48k.

On the other hand, the interface itself works great at 96 and 192. I don't need/care for the internal effects myself.

Also....start up Cubase (your daw) and navigate to its screen for selecting the us-366 interface.

Windows itself....your screenshot.....shows that the us-366 driver is indeed installed.

New threads

Members online