Tascam US2x2 Windows 10 - Error Code 10 This Device Cannot Start

ry1633

Gear owned
TASCAM US2X2
How do I fix this error on my Tascam US 2x2? I have reinstalled and removed the drivers several times, restarting the computer each time. I have done a system restore and also run sfc /scannow from an elevated command prompt (which did fix some errors).

This is on brand-new (2 months old) Dell Inspiron 3593. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. Intel i7 1065G7 @1.30GHZ 1.50GHZ and 32GB of RAM

Attachments

• US2X2 Windows10 Error Code10.png
    US2X2 Windows10 Error Code10.png
    295.5 KB · Views: 3
I may have got it fixed. After uninstalling the device from Device Manager, I did not realize that the Tascam Settings Panel app still leaves remnants around in Windows after-the-fact. So I had still go back into Windows Add/Remove Programs and remove that application. I did a cold shut down, waited a full minute after powering down, and rebooted. I reinstalled the newest 4.00 drivers for the US2X2 with the device unplugged. I waited about 5-10 seconds and plugged the device and it works fine.

I like the interface and its features, but I wish the drivers were more stable. Seems like that half the time I could be tracking or mixing, is spent hoping that the driver works.

New threads

Members online