The Latest SX Developments!

wolf

Veteran
Gear owned
2 SX-1 LE+ DVRA1000 CD-01U
here's what's happening with my SX now:
-when I turn it on, it goes past the "Fader Calibration Ended" and then says "SX-1 Ver 1,52" and freezes right there...it sometimes will go one step further and say, "Entering Safe Mode" and freeze...
-when I boot without the hard drive, the SX shows it's booting from CD, but then a blank blue screen comes up and freezes...I've tried my 2 LE Plus v1.52 discs, a v1.51 disc and the 2 discs that were burned for me and it's the same story with all of them...I know the v1.52 discs work because I used them with my other SX's...
-I can now enter the "Set Up" by holding the Delete key during start-up and everything "seems" to be working fine...I wasn't able to access the Set Up before...
-I've done everything mentioned in the old forums: I re-seated all the cards, changed the battery, swapped out the RAM, changed cables, blow-dusted the inside and disconnected all the cables, including the monitor, keyboard and mouse cables...

does anyone have any suggestions or ideas why this is happening and what I should do?

Last edited:
Did you check your jumpers on your hard drive and your cd rom drive Wolf ?

Safe mode is somthing that suggest hardware is not getting seen . Maybe think of it more like a pc when trying to figure this out. Make sure your ribon cables are good and that your pugged in correctly . If you changed out the cd rom drive set the orginal back and get your jumpers right . Also of you changed the board battery maybe try this trick . Take ot out unplug the unit so the motherbord cmos chip goes dead so the board is forced to reboot . Then see if you can boot from hard drive .

Email me tell me what that does . This is sounding like a small issue acting like a big one .

yes, I put in a new battery, swapped the IDE cables, swapped out the CD drive and correctly hooked it up...I've also tried unplugging the SX and rebooting from different hard drives...and I even tried different power cables and outlets...
it does seem like a small issue, but nothing I've done so far has worked...
maybe the RAM I'm using is not compatible with the SX...it's the right type and size, but I'm not sure it works...when the SX is turning on, it does recognize the RAM size and says OK...I bought new RAM cards and installed them and I tried swapping out the RAM with the old SX and that didn't do anything...I'm fairly sure the RAM is OK, but it looks different from the original RAM that the SX was using and I don't know where to get them...

Hey Wolf it sounds like you have done everything plus a little more.the Ram has to be the right voltage two . It might fit but be the wrong size . I dont think this matters but if the ram is not correct it will cause issues . I can take mine apart and look up specs of the Ram modules that are in it.

Its 11 pm or so your time but ill post or email what i find oil . One more thing to rule out at least .

Hi, I have a same problem, the service manual offer a beos boot error and sx1os boot error, I try to start whit the Os CD sx1 1.52, but, the vga freeze in the screen from the picture

Attachments

• IMG_20171019_130733.jpg
    IMG_20171019_130733.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 26
The RAM it's ok, when press F1 show debug mode, and detect the ram and processor good, but say "unable to detect kernel Intel

This thread is old, but I wanted to respond. I have a standard SX-1 and it does the same thing as Wolf describes. Two days ago I installed a brand new identical HD, checked the HD jumper for proper location, installed the OS from my original Tascam CD, ran diagnostics (passed) and the issue remains. The OS will properly load and complete all the boot steps. Usually the project will load as well, but shortly after the project loads the LCD goes to blue screen and everything freezes. The VGA shuts down with no signal. I think its a common fault as a result of aging, maybe capacitors drifting out of spec or a specific component failing.

New threads

Members online