The third channel of my DP-008 has ceased to function. Any way of getting it back?

hankiam

Gear owned
Tascam DP-008
I have a DP-008 that is outstanding except that the third channel stopped responding to the rec button (effectively making it a DP-007 and giving it a license to kill). Anyone have any idea why this happened and how to fix it?

Give the button a shot of Deoxit.

Could not find Deoxit locally. Did give it a dose of QD Electronics Cleaner. Nothing so far I'll give it another shot later.

Bazz - The gin would probably short it out and the vermouth would get sticky

It's hard to get it into the switch sometimes, when you're applying it from above. It's much easier when you open the panel. When I sprayed my DP-32, I kept some alcohol wipes handy because I had to really douse it so the liquid would make it down into the switch. I sprayed, waited a bit and then cleaned the front panel. Eventually it worked very well.

I have had the back off, but I cannot figure out how to remove the panel.

Bazz - The gin would probably short it out and the vermouth would get sticky

well.....the best martini recipe I ever tried was this "pour the gin or vodka into a glass, uncork the Vermouth bottle, wave the cork three times around the glass, add an olive."

Dad and I did this one xmas morning.We were pissed by lunchtime lol

Reactions: -mjk-
My dad and I do that with gin. I bought him a 1.75 of Bombay for Father's day. Trying to ween him off of the rotgut he usually buys!

Last edited:
Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.