TM D8000 Fatal Error: 136-000000B7-00

jmd87

Hi,

I have a TM D8000 and it was kept in storage i have booted it up and got this error "Fatal Error: 136-000000B7-00" I have replaced the battery, Tried clearing things like the SRAM etc (think thats the name) and it just isn't doing anything.

Can anyone help at all?

Kind Regards
Joe

Hi,
I hope this thread is still alive...
I have bought for a really low price a TM D8000 sold as "not working, for spare parts only".
Tried to power on and discovered that the power supply was broken. I have easily repaired it (I am electronics guy) and with my surprise the unit turns on without smoke...
Now when powering on I have two different behaviours: a fatal error code 136-000000EF-00 or the usual request of midi file dump. Unfortunately the service manual doesn't report errors greater than 99-xxxxx. Already followed all "standard" procedures: checked battery and cleared SRAM. Before trying the midi file transfer (I will try this if really mandatory) I want to understand this error code.
Also cannot enter service mode. I see only "Service Mode" on the display for a couple of seconds then I get the error, or the midi file dump screen.
Any ideas or suggestions ?
Thanks
Giorgio

Last edited:
Reactions: -mjk-
Best Hi again,
I don't know if somebody will read this new post but there are a couple of ideas for other repairs...
The baby is working !!!
I found and solved two problems: bad power supply repair by previus technician or owner, a short circuit on a resistor forced the +15V output to gnd so the PSU enter in protection mode. I have removed the excess of tin and the PSU worked perfectly.
Second problem was bad battery replacement. The battery has been mounted on a battery holder but while soldering it an excessive temperature caused a melt of plastic so the +Vcc of the battery didn't arrive to the CPU !!!
Fixed both problems and two or three CLEAR NVRAM cycles then the mixer booted correctly and showed me its beautiful display !!!
I am really very happy ! Only 100 euros for this unit !!!
Best Regards
Giorgio

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.