Trim track

michaeljhuman

Gear owned
Tascam DP24
If I have a track that's too long ( unwanted data after some point) I thought I could use cut to trim it. But it did not seem to be working as expected.

Cut does silence the data, but when you hit ffwd twice, it goes past the point where you cut out the data. In other words, doesn't seem to shorten the track's memory usage. Not a big deal given that a single 32 GB SD card can hold a lot of music, and they are cheap.

Last edited:
The machine keeps the data in case you want to undo the cut. There's an option in the Song menu to delete unused data - not used it myself but sounds like it does what you're after.

I do know of the delete unused data, but doesn't seem to delete data after the point of record stop when you record over longer, prior record. I can cut out the unwanted part, but there's silence left from the end of the current record to the end of the prior. Just a bit space wasting really, not a major issue

Just checked the manual - page 48 says all the track edit operations use non-destructive editing so looks like the data will remain regardless of the 'undo' or 'delete unused' features. Could try a bounce to a new track and then delete the original?

Reactions: Laplayantonio

New threads

Members online

No members online now.