"Turn off the Guitar Effect or use two or less dynamic effects"

Cupy

I'm trying to add a guitar effect to my track and it keeps giving me this prompt, I've turned off every single effect, every dynamic effect I've checked the mixer I have no idea what it wants me to do. Some advice from one of you tech wiz's would be very lovely

I'm no wiz, but perhaps you have effects enabled on one or more of the other tracks? I believe they remain enabled even if you start a new project? I'm just guessing though. Someone will be along soon no doubt.

You have to check each track, one by one and check if you're using either the Dynamic FX or the Guitar FX.

Welcome to the forum.
Effect settings are carried over into new songs. The easy way to avoid this is to use a 'reset' template before creating songs.
If you've already created the song, as the others have said, you need to turn off (un-insert) the culprits.
If it won't let you insert a guitar effect, the culprit is in the dynamic effects. These only apply to inputs, so one way of checking them is to open the dynamic effect screen and then press each of the 8 input source buttons to see if there is an effect on any of these. You are only allowed 2 if you want to also use the guitar effect. Normally you can have up to 8.
The other way is to go into the mixer screen and select each input in turn. The Insert Effect box will be lit for inputs which have a dynamic effect inserted in their path. You can also turn off the effect from this screen.
There are several useful sticky posts at the start of this forum which may help, including a summary of all effect types and how to configure them.

New threads

Members online