Two SX-1s and large quantity of interface cards and spares for sale as a single lot. UK ONLY

vjmashie

From
UK
Gear owned
SX-1
I have two TASCAM SX-1s for sale in the UK together with a range of interface cards and some spare parts. These machines are both very lightly used and cosmetically in near mint condition but they are not working reliably (see below). However they would be useful for any existing SX-1 user in the UK looking to stock up on spares which are increasingly hard to find (or ideal for someone who wants to spend time getting one reliable machine from 2 “donors”).

#1 has been working until recently but it has 2 undiagnosed issues. It has IF-AN/DM and IF-AE/DM cards installed in slots 1 and 2. It boots up fine when the lid is opened but stops after fader calibration when the lid is down. This would seem to indicate a pinched cable (?) but I haven’t tracked the cause. This SX-1 has also recently started locking up after 10-15 mins use but reboots every time.

#2 was bought in fully working condition in 2015 and has been kept in dry storage ever since. It has an IF-AN/DM analogue card installed. It stops after fader calibration.

I don’t have the patience or technical troubleshooting skills to get these machines working and tbh I could do with the space!

I have a range of other spares (2xADAT interface cards, HDD, RAM kit, VGA card, 24x CDRW).

I even have a working MX2424 with IF-AD24 card installed if anyone wanted to increase the SX-1 track capacity.

At this stage I would rather sell everything as a single lot. Price is negotiable but the 5 SX-1 interface cards and spares alone are probably worth over £650 if I sold them individually. I would rather not split the “job lot” at this early stage.

Just get in touch for further info. I am based in the Wye Valley in Monmouthshire if you want to take a look.

Quick update (someone asked me to clarify price on a different forum):

Current price is £999 for the 2 x Tascam SX-1 machines as described above and with the "range of other spares" listed.

The MX2424 would be extra - price negotiable.

Any queries - just ask....

*** PRICE REDUCED ***

Price now reduced to £799 for the 2 x Tascam SX-1 machines as described above and with the "range of other spares" listed.

The MX2424 would be extra - price negotiable.

SX-1 machines are now both SOLD

I may still have some interface cards - if so, these will be listed separately in due course.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.