Unusual Loopback/Input Bypass Routing with DM4800

PhilippeH

Gear owned
DM4800
I use aDM4800 with the IFFWmk2 Firewire card (inserted in Slot 3) and also connected with an Eventide H9000R external processor. The connection is done via ADAT. The DM4800 is connected to a MacPro via Firewire. Lastly, I use a guitar standalone plugin called Amplitube, and the only purpose of the plugin is to provide a software emulation of a power amp and guitar cab, as my guitar pre feeds into the Eventide separately.
I have Amplitube setup to use Slot3-Ch25 as an input and output. The H9000R uses ADAt Ch7 to send "dry" to the DM4800, to be sent to the plugin in Slot3-25, then take the "wet" signal out of the plugin from Slot3-25 output and assign it to ADAT7 output.
What I can easily do is to use two faders, one to use ADT7 as an input, then send it to Slot3-25, then use a second fader using Slot3-25 output as an input and assign its output to ADAT7. But this uses two faders, and I am trying to use one, or ideally zero by smartly using the loopback assignments.

I was thinking from Routing/Output/, to assign ADAT7 to Slot3-25 (using INPUT BYPASS Slot3), and from Routing/Output Slot/ to assign Slot3-25 to ADAt7. I tried but it doesn't work, no audio going through.

So anybody has any idea how to do this?
I realize it is a bit of an unusual request, but it feels like it is doable without any faders. Worst case, I'd do it with one fader, but two faders right now seems dumb.

PS: the ultimate output of the "wet" signal back into the Eventide is then sent to another guitar rack processor via analog connections, but this is no relevant to this discussion.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.