US-16x08 and Sonar X3, where are the even number channels?

Discussion in 'USB PC Audio Interfaces and Control Surfaces' started by Khaled Al Dajani, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Khaled Al Dajani

Khaled Al Dajani New Member

Gear:
    US-16x08
    I just installed the US-16x08. Driver setup on Sonar is ASIO. Sonar works well with all the odd channels, but I do not see the even channels on the audio device setup page. What am I missing?
  2. cripple9

cripple9 New Member

Gear:
    US-2000, US-16x08
    A lot of interfaces only show the odd numbers, but the even numbered channels are still there. They're just labeled with the prefix Left, Right, and Stereo. When you choose an I/O channel on a track it should say something like "Left US-16x08 IN 1", "Right US-16x08 IN 1", "Stereo US-16x08 IN 1", etc.

Friendly Names 2.png

I just go to "Preferences > Audio > Devices" and check the option "Use Friendly Names to Represent Audio Drivers". Then you can double-click and rename the Friendly Names in the Input/Output Driver lists. You can name them something more descriptive like "Tascam XLR IN 1/2", "Tascam Line/Inst IN 9/10". It will still show both numbers if you name it something like "IN 1/2", so you'll still have to use the Left, Right, & Stereo label to know which one it is. I still like to add the even numbers just cuz it's easier to recognize em at a glance. I'm using Cakewalk by Bandlab, but the Friendly Names option exists in Sonar X3 as well.

Friendly Names.png
  3. cripple9

cripple9 New Member

Gear:
    US-2000, US-16x08
    Also, in case my first reply wasn't clear. In the I/O selector of the track and console views, all ODD channels are labeled with the prefix "Left" and all EVEN channels with the prefix "Right".

EXAMPLE:
    "Left US-16x08 IN 1" - Would be Channel #1
    "Right US-16x08 IN 1" - Would be Channel #2
    "Stereo US-16x08 IN 1" - Would be BOTH Channels #1 & #2

The same applies to the OUTPUT selections as well.
  4. Khaled Al Dajani

Khaled Al Dajani New Member

Gear:
    US-16x08
    Thanks for the detailed response. Very helpful.
    cripple9 likes this.