US-16x08 and Sonar X3, where are the even number channels?

Khaled Al Dajani

Gear owned
US-16x08
I just installed the US-16x08. Driver setup on Sonar is ASIO. Sonar works well with all the odd channels, but I do not see the even channels on the audio device setup page. What am I missing?

A lot of interfaces only show the odd numbers, but the even numbered channels are still there. They're just labeled with the prefix Left, Right, and Stereo. When you choose an I/O channel on a track it should say something like "Left US-16x08 IN 1", "Right US-16x08 IN 1", "Stereo US-16x08 IN 1", etc.

Friendly Names 2.png

I just go to "Preferences > Audio > Devices" and check the option "Use Friendly Names to Represent Audio Drivers". Then you can double-click and rename the Friendly Names in the Input/Output Driver lists. You can name them something more descriptive like "Tascam XLR IN 1/2", "Tascam Line/Inst IN 9/10". It will still show both numbers if you name it something like "IN 1/2", so you'll still have to use the Left, Right, & Stereo label to know which one it is. I still like to add the even numbers just cuz it's easier to recognize em at a glance. I'm using Cakewalk by Bandlab, but the Friendly Names option exists in Sonar X3 as well.

Friendly Names.png

Also, in case my first reply wasn't clear. In the I/O selector of the track and console views, all ODD channels are labeled with the prefix "Left" and all EVEN channels with the prefix "Right".

EXAMPLE:
"Left US-16x08 IN 1" - Would be Channel #1
"Right US-16x08 IN 1" - Would be Channel #2
"Stereo US-16x08 IN 1" - Would be BOTH Channels #1 & #2

The same applies to the OUTPUT selections as well.

New threads

Members online