Us-16x08 glitches and latency

I am sending the line level audio output of the tascam to a different computer line input which works fine with any other input with no latency so yes of course it is set properly for the audio recording etc.
I will be contacting Tascam soon to see if they can send a replacement and then do a comparison.
If both machines do the same thing then I will need to get a different interface.
I built the portable transport case for the laptop, pwr supp, tascam. cords etc and since the Tascam is very unique in size/shape I will have to modify the internal case cavities to fit the new interface.
I hope a working replacement will work ok.
My assumption being an Electrical Engineer is that the output DACs (D to A converters) are not working properly due to a parasitic oscillation that is causing "motor boating".
Speaking basically they could be oscillating at a higher frequency than audible therefore causing saturation on the output buffers and excessive niose and sometimes "beat" clicking.

Adding to the pile here. I have a unit that does the exact same thing.

It's such a pity 'cause, other than this annoyance, I think this is a great interface! I can get really good sound out of it and I/O option are super flexible.

Did anybody find a solution to this issue in the meantime? My only hope is that it will magically disappear with WIN 11, but I ain't holding my breath...

[UPDATE]

In REAPER, I went into the settings and unticked a box that said "Bypass audio when opening plugin GUI". That did the trick! Works extremely well now!

Last edited:
Hi,
I'm a Tascam US-16x08 user since last year. Cubase 12 pro in a HP laptop i7 10th gen, 16 Gb RAM 1TB SSD.
Recently, I started to hear glitches and the latency start to fail
I don't know exactly when the problem started, probably with windows 10 updated.
I tried everything I read through the different forums on internet.
- uninstall and reinstall drivers.
- checking power management plan.
- disabling Ethernet and other devices that can be affect.
- and finally updating to Windows 11
But the problem remains.

I appreciate any suggestion to solve this issue

Thank you,

I ordered and received a brand Presonus 24c. WOW! No more glitches and latency drift.

I will use the US-16x08 only for recording the drums parts.

Reactions: JLQC
Tascam is not a good interface if you play live vsti pluging, too much instability and latency drift. The difference is like night and day between Tascam and Presonus.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.