Us-16x08 glitches and latency

I am sending the line level audio output of the tascam to a different computer line input which works fine with any other input with no latency so yes of course it is set properly for the audio recording etc.
I will be contacting Tascam soon to see if they can send a replacement and then do a comparison.
If both machines do the same thing then I will need to get a different interface.
I built the portable transport case for the laptop, pwr supp, tascam. cords etc and since the Tascam is very unique in size/shape I will have to modify the internal case cavities to fit the new interface.
I hope a working replacement will work ok.
My assumption being an Electrical Engineer is that the output DACs (D to A converters) are not working properly due to a parasitic oscillation that is causing "motor boating".
Speaking basically they could be oscillating at a higher frequency than audible therefore causing saturation on the output buffers and excessive niose and sometimes "beat" clicking.

Adding to the pile here. I have a unit that does the exact same thing.

It's such a pity 'cause, other than this annoyance, I think this is a great interface! I can get really good sound out of it and I/O option are super flexible.

Did anybody find a solution to this issue in the meantime? My only hope is that it will magically disappear with WIN 11, but I ain't holding my breath...

[UPDATE]

In REAPER, I went into the settings and unticked a box that said "Bypass audio when opening plugin GUI". That did the trick! Works extremely well now!

Last edited:
Hi,
I'm a Tascam US-16x08 user since last year. Cubase 12 pro in a HP laptop i7 10th gen, 16 Gb RAM 1TB SSD.
Recently, I started to hear glitches and the latency start to fail
I don't know exactly when the problem started, probably with windows 10 updated.
I tried everything I read through the different forums on internet.
- uninstall and reinstall drivers.
- checking power management plan.
- disabling Ethernet and other devices that can be affect.
- and finally updating to Windows 11
But the problem remains.

I appreciate any suggestion to solve this issue

Thank you,

I ordered and received a brand Presonus 24c. WOW! No more glitches and latency drift.

I will use the US-16x08 only for recording the drums parts.

Reactions: JLQC
Tascam is not a good interface if you play live vsti pluging, too much instability and latency drift. The difference is like night and day between Tascam and Presonus.

New threads

Members online