US-16x08 Midi driver missing

Paavo Jumppanen

Gear owned
TASCAM US 16x08
Hi,

I just bought a US-16x-08 through amazon and it arrived yesterday but I've been unable to use it because the driver appears to be incomplete. I am trying to run it with my Toshiba L750 Laptop running a 64 bit version of Windows 7 which is up to date with all current service patches but everytime I install the drivers supplied via the TASCAM website and plugin in the unit to any USB port it fails to find the US-16x08 midi driver.

Without it the device partially works but it stalls the operating system on a regular basis presumably because of the missing driver. As it is, it is completely unusable as a PC audio interface though I have managed to use it successfully as a hardware mixer.

Is there a workaround for this issue or a driver update available and if not when will it be available? It seems clear to me the quality of the hardware is very good so I'm reticent to chase up a refund and hope that TASCAM can get there act together and produce a more stable driver set for the product so I can actually use it.

Paavo.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.