US-16x08 Random Glitch Sounds in every driver version

nacho in the box

Gear owned
Tascam US-16x08
Hello. I used to work with Focusrite and my PC and get no problems. Then I decided upgraded my audio interface one month ago to the Tascam US-16x08 because of the more channels and I quickly started to get weird kind of glitch noises that increases when the buffer is set lower. I always keep it in 2048 samples trying to avoid this problem as possible.

I've tested every driver version. I'm working currently with v3.01 wich is working fine in every aspect with exception of that. So I can't really find a solution.

This is an audio clip I just uploaded to show you how it sounds like:
https://clyp.it/tmbi4aag

And here is my PC information from dxdiag if needed:
https://justpaste.it/5a7em

Please some one tell me that I'm not the only one lol.
Thanks to the Tascam team for fixing last update btw.

Depends on a lot of things. What computer you have, etc. AMD core processor? I doubt that is any good nowadays. With that computer running win 7, I feel you can't expect great performance. If you have a friend with a much better computer, try there your interface. Unless you are monitoring through your DAW when recording, 2048 samples is not a big deal.

My laptop is i7 8th gen or something, gtx 1050 (I don't think yours is bad all, is good enough I think) and I run 64 samples. 3.01 (latest drivers). Win 10 (I tried to install win 7 just for kicks but my laptop just won't allow it at all).

I've been having the same issue with my 16x08 in windows. When I start the computer for the first time in a while it will be fine, but then after a day's use it will slowly start to glitch out. I've disable USB power saving, I've went into the Devices settings and unchecked all the power save options on each individual usb controller, tried different combinations of sample rates, tried every different USB port on my motherboard & I've even tried using ASIO drivers with Voice Meeter Potato for my Windows system audio.
What's weird is that when I run Ableton Live 10 and it has full control over the 16x08 I've never had any glitches. It's only when I've been using the 16x08 as the default windows audio device.
Also I have a top of the line desktop. Ryzen 2700x (OCd to 4.35 GHz), ASUS X470 Strix-F, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, Vega 56 & a 512GB Gen3x4 M.2 for my workstation. So it's not an issue with my computer not being able to handle the buffer size or something like that. I also had an MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard with a 1700x and a different boot drive last fall and I had the same issue.
Even with the 3.01 updates I've still had problems in windows.

Exactly the same problem here. The same glitch sound randomly occuring in presonus studio one 5. Drivers version 4.00 and windows 10. I think tascam will never fix the problem… unacceptable to find that kind of bug for years on a 500$ can audio interface…

New threads

Members online

No members online now.