US 1x2 doesn't work on Windows 10 anymore

ItalianLancer

Gear owned
TASCAM US-1x2
I have a TASCAM US 1x2 interface for about a year now, it's been holding up it's weight, however there's something that's gone completely wrong.

Since the 5th of November, my interface has refused to work. Using older versions of the drivers doesn't work as well. Interestingly, Windows can use the device as an output device without any drivers only (you can't use the microphone for some reason), but when any version of the drivers are installed, the interface becomes disabled.

I've reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows and that does not help at all. An older version of Windows would only make the problem worse because an update would basically bring me back to the same place.

I cannot for the life of me understand what's happening, never mind that I've lost some valuable work time because of this.

TASCAM or anyone, can you please, please help? This has gone on for too long now.

Has your Windows 10 had any updates around Nov 4 or 5 ?

Or.. have you installed an update to your Tascam 1x2 around that same period .. ?

One thing you might try is: Press the Windows key on your keyboard > type Add or Remove Programs > select that when it comes up > scroll down to Tascam 1x2 Driver and click Modify > select Repair > follow the prompts.

All this does is reinstall your driver, which may be all you need to get it going again.

New threads

Members online