US 2X2 not working in WASAPI audio mode (Windows 10)

ry1633

Gear owned
TASCAM US2X2
I am using the US 2X2 interface to record in Cakewalk (2020.04 - Build 179). I am trying to record and playback using WASAPI either Exclusive or Shared and it won't work. I see the meters registering like there should be sound but nothing is coming out. I'm trying to avoid ASIO mode because ASIO is really flaky for me on the US2X2 - sometime it works ok but most times it's terrible (latency that I can't get rid of no matter what the buffer size, and if I restart the DAW I lose ASIO completely and have to reboot machine).

I actually got WASAPI mode to work once or twice, and it was absolutely wonderful - crystal-clear with no latency. But it has refused to work for me since that time. Many thanks for any ideas you might have.

I believe you need to use ASIO along with the correct driver selection. You can see my Reaper setup below.

Windows 10 also seems to have a problem with Tascam's latest versions of drivers for our US-2x2 interfaces. My 2x2 wont work on my Win 10 PC with any driver versions newer than V2.11 ...
Uninstall your driver and re-install an older version V2.10 or V2.11

I can't say this will solve all your problems, but it may help quite a bit.

egb2Wak.jpg

New threads

Members online

No members online now.