US-2x2HR YouTube Audio Playback Problem

EightSixSeven

Gear owned
US-1641 and US-2x2HR
Hey Everyone!

I am new to the forum. I was using a US-1641 as my daily driver audio interface for many years. About 6 months ago I switched to the US-2x2HR to save some desk space, and I typically do not use more than 2 inputs at a time anyway. I don't record a lot of drums these days.

Anyway, the US-2x2HR was working great for all audio applications until about 3 months ago. And it still works great for recording and playback in Reaper, playing from media players, videogame audio, and playing from various websites using Chrome or Brave web browsers: Spotify, SoundCloud, Netflix, Hulu, BandCamp, Vimeo, etc...

For some reason I have issues with audio playback specifically on YouTube. A video will load and play without audio with a white circle spinning in the middle of the video frame, If I wait between 30 seconds to around 2 minutes, the video will stop, and start playing from the beginning with audio, or the frame it reached while playing without audio will freeze and audio will start from the beginning, the video will remain frozen until the audio stream reaches the point where the video froze and both audio and video will play simultaneously.

When using the US-1641 YouTube does not exhibit this behavior. I thought there may have been a driver conflict issue having both US-1641 and US-2x2HR drivers installed on my main computer so I did a fresh install of Windows and only installed drivers for the US-2x2HR and the issue persisted. Then I installed the US-1641 drivers and used the US-1641 YouTube worked without issue.

Then, thinking there may be an issue with my main computer. I installed the US-2x2HR drivers on my Window's laptop and connected the US2x2HR to the laptop and had the same YouTube playback problem. The laptop that had not had any audio interfaces connected to it prior to installing drivers for and connecting the US-2x2HR.

I have been searching for a fix to this issue for months, but I can not seem to find one anywhere online. Has anyone else experienced this with the US-2x2HR? Any help resolving this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Computer Specs:
Main Computer:
-Ryzen 5 1600x
-Asrock B350 Pro4 motherboard
-16 GB G.Skill 3200mhz DDR4 (XMP Enabled)
-Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
-512 GB NVMe WD Black M.2 SSD (Boot and application drive)
-2TB 7200 RPM HDD
-4TB 7200 RPM HDD
-Windows 10 Pro with most recent updates

Laptop:
Asus ROG Strix G15
-Intel Core I7 10750H
-RTX 2070
-16 GB 3200mhz DDR4
-1TB NVMe M.2 SSD
-Windows 10 Pro with most recent updates

Same problem here but for me it's related to Discord if I start the program every system sound stops so if I use youtube then I get the spinning circel and no sound at all

New threads

Staff online

Members online