USB wont open on computer - DP-24SD

Matt B

Veteran
Gear owned
dp24sd
Today, I was using my DP-24SD and my laptop, like I have done a zillion times. I exported a file to my laptop, updated Reaper, and processed the file. When I went to move the processed file back to the DP, the USB selection would not open the box on the laptop.

I have done the following:
1. Turned the DP off and on again.
2. Turned the computer off and on again.
3. Tried two new USB cables.
4. Checked my laptop for software updates.
5. Updated the firmware on the DP.

No change. Then I...

6. Tried a different USB device on the laptop and it worked fine.
7. Tried the DP on a different computer, and it worked fine.

Then...

8. Tried the DP with the laptop with the cable proven to work in #7, and it did not work.
9. Updated Reaper again, and it did not work.
10. Tried with the Reaper program closed, and it did not work.

Any ideas?

Matt B

Matt, I've had issues with using a hub. And then again, recently I've been using a hub and it works just fine. The hub has individual power switches, and I found that with the power switch on for the cable going to the DP machine, it doesn't work. If I turn the power switch off, then the USB function does work.

My laptop has a smaller USB jack. Last night, I found that the DP and the laptop play well together when I use that jack.

My guess at this moment is that the larger USB jacks on the laptop are defective. It does seem strange that the smaller jack would be OK, but the larger two would work with other devices, but not the DP.

I am using a hub to adapt the connection - it is a passive one.

Matt B, are you able to restore your Laptop to an earlier time when everything was working? If you are able to with out losing any of your files, it is in Settings and Recovery. I have had stuff like this happen and have been able to get things back up and running.

I had kind of forgotten about it! I used a different style of USB port on the laptop, and it works fine. I have been playing in a band recently and planning a show, so I have not touched my own music in a week or two.

Restoring to a previous state is a very good idea, and I will try it after the show.

Matt B

New threads

Members online