Using 2 footswitches

Jamie Pressley

Gear owned
Model 12
I've basically worn the print off the stop button on my model 12 and get so tired of having to stop playing then reach across to go back to beginning of recording. I have 1 foot switch for punching in/out, but I'm wondering if using a 2nd foot switch if theres a way to set it up so that I can stop and go back to start of song/section using that 2nd foot switch for the transport part and using the other to start the recording. Basically I'm trying to be able to go start recording then stop and go back to the starting point using only footswitches. Many thanks to all the reply!

OM: Footswitch functions.
You do have an OM, yes?
If not it can be downloaded from TASCAM's site. latest is version 042100812.

Last edited:
I do, yes although it doesn't say if this specifically is possible. It basically goes over the assignable functions but isnt more specific. For instance I see that I can assign stop/play and ithat would work if I could press the pedal 2x for stop/stop it would go back to start of track but I imagine in this case pressing the pedal 2x would make it stop then play from same location it stoped at. I'm really sorry if that's confusing it's just hard to explain

The footswitch, once assigned, should act the same as the front panel switch it's assigned as. It wouldn't take much to try it and see. I found an industrial stomp switch at my local electronics supply house. It was cheap and looks like something you'd put on a 100T press, lol. I installed a 6.5mm plug and since 2013 the only maintenance I've had to do on it is make sure the hinge pin isn't sliding out too far.

The Model 12 foot switch does not act the same as the front panel. There is no stop/start over option, only record/pause. Its maddening. I have a foot switch with two switches. No combination of settings allows me to Record and Start over/record over. You have to use the front panel. All the foot switch allows me to do is eliminate one trip to the front panel. Its baffling that they have a loop feature but not a simple Record/stop/start over/record feature.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stew71

New threads

Members online

No members online now.