Using a Tascam DR-22WL to record noisy neighbours

DeeFromLondon

Gear owned
DR-22WL
We have these new neighbours that have moved in next door and they communicate by shouting - they'll stand at the end of the garden and shout 30 metres away to someone inside of the house -

We've been told to keep a written log of the noise they make but I have a Tascam DR-22WL, so thought why not simply record the evidence.

My bedroom overlooks both our rear gardens and I've been woken up first thing in the morning by their shouting from the garden into the house - my bedroom window is about 10 metres away from where they tend to stand and shout from.

What's the best setting to record as much as possible of the noise they make?

Hello, maybe a smartphone with a dbmeter and another next filming the whole scene and the smartphone's screen ? Any recording must have a reference to show how loud the noise you want to capture is. With no real references to compare, any recording will be no proof.

Actually the council only wants us to record a paper diary so this is better then what is required

You will probably be the one to go to jail, for recording them without their permission.
The UK is crazy like that.. London is 180 degrees from normal.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.