Using SPDIF input on X48

Doug McClement

Gear owned
4 x X-48', DM4800,CDRW402
I'm doing a remote recording of a quartet with a band and large orchestra for a PBS special in a couple of weeks. It requires 128 inputs including 10 audience mics. I'm using three X48's and and several racks of ATI 8MX2 mic pre's. For monitoring, I'd like to use the internal mixer on the X48's. I planned to daisy chain the SPDIF outputs of the X48's and plug the SPDIF output of the last machine into a dat machine with an SPDIF input so I can monitor the tracks without setting up 3 x 48 input consoles.

I don't see anywhere in the X48 manual any instructions on how to access the SPDIF inputs, however. The SPDIF outputs on all three machines work fine. My only other option is to take all three SPDIF outputs individually and plug them into a Pioneer Nexus DJM900 dj mixer, which has 4 SPDIF inputs, a headphone jack, and a stereo analog output for driving powered speakers.

The 2 mix is not for broadcast, just for monitoring the multitrack.

Doug McClement
LiveWire Remote Recorders
Toronto, Canada
www.LiveWireRemote.com

The SPDIF input would take over a pair of inputs. Look on the routing setup page.
The DJ mixer with 4 SPDIF inputs actually sounds like the ideal solution for this usage.

RedBus.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.