Using SX 1 for live recording

nabberigu

From
Illinois USA
Gear owned
SX-1 LE and SX1-LE PLUS
Hi everyone. Did or does anybody use the SX 1 for live recordings? I have a possible gig to record on Decemeber 5th and I am looking for some pointers to watch out for.
Any advise or tips are welcome.
It is gonna be a small venue with two blue grass bands in an intimate set up. Not just music but some stories about the background of the bands and music. The venue is also recording and filming for a project about bands playing there. I am not sure if their mixer has direct outs I could use. Might need a splitter box or my own mics.

Harrie

Last edited:
hey harry,
i have done live recordings and have had very good results but here is a bit of advise ..
create project templates so that you can quickly insert a new project between long songs ..
this will keep the file sizes manageable ...
you don't want to have a project that is too large and slows or bogs the machine down
my2cents
mark

Thanks for the tip Mark. Did you use any kind of hard case to transport the Tascam? I am thinking of making a hard case myself. Use to have a AKAI DSP 24 and made a case for that one and worked fine.

Harrie

i thought about building a case as i have a carpentry background and consider myself crafty but after a bit of searching around, i was able to purchase a quality case, in exactly the right size, for a couple hundred bucks, to my door ... i did add an aluminum caster plate and wheels so it would roll nice ... the case is lined with soft foam and the console fits snugly with no wiggle

hint: do not skimp on the wheels ... quality rubber ring wheel casters are the best investment to protect your valueable console

New threads

Members online

No members online now.