VGA display (Seemy) can I unplug dead LCD?

Beermusic

Gear owned
TASCAM DM3200
Successfully using a external small 8 inch monitor using the Seemy card - however my question is whether you can unplug the feed going to the dead LCD in the unit or does it have to stay on to work? Its a while since I installed the card so can't really remember the connections if this is possible. Has anyone done this and are there any implications?

@Beermusic I use the 2Seemy solution as well alongside a 7" monitor. Simply amazing. As far as I can remember (believe I discussed this in another post) you can eliminate the lined display that existed with the original display. However, there will always be power supplied to the display leaving you with a glowing white screen. For the time being I have placed the 7" monitor directly on top of the old display. Actually, I may have posted pics in that earlier post that I discussed earlier. Best of luck.

Thanks peter yes saw the other thread but wasn’t sure of the end result. I guess a piece of breathable material will do, I’ve got the mini monitor right side anyway so don’t really notice. I guess depends also on ones setup - I’ve pretty much got my whole studio setup the same in terms of routing as project/writing studio so most things are exactly the same routing wise do less use for the screen, which reminds me... I need to post a new thread..!

Reactions: Peter Batah

New threads

Members online

No members online now.