What happens to the mixdown tracks?

Dookychase

Gear owned
Tascam dp24
I'm getting ready to buy a Dp24. My friends own a 24 and a 32.
I bought the dvd tutorial from Proaudio which was great.

So, once you've mixed down the tracks, then use the mastering button, what happens to the tracks? Are they still available to work with or once they're mastered, they're gone?

Thanks

They are not gone at all...when you mix and master, you create a WAV file with the same name as the song, but all the original track files are in the song folder (also same name as the song) on the SD card. You can revisit the song, make changes, remix as often as you wish, and the track files will always be available to you within the song folder.

Thanks. I hope MF receives their shipment of Tascams this week. One more question.
If you make a master file using one of the presets and would like to try another preset, does it overwrite the first master or makes another wav file so you can choose the one you like best.

Thanks for your time

If you remake your master, it will overwrite the previous file. It's easy, however, to record your mix, then simply audition the mix with different presets by simply setting up the preset and hitting Play instead of Record when on the mastering screen. That would allow you to try before committing.
I believe the Undo function will also undo a master recording, so there's another way out if need be.

Hope this helps!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.