What the Mixdown disaster

DennisH

Gear owned
DP24SD
For some reason I cannot figure out, my DP 24 wont record over an old mix. This just started happening. I did a mixdown, listened to the Master and decided to play with the instruments, opening with acoustic guitar and vocal only, then bring in bass, drums, and backup vocals.
According to all the info on the screen all was in order, BUT, when I played the song back the changes had not happened. Did I hit a button somewhere? or is the bloody tool going south on me?
the record lite is on, the screen sez mixdown and I it will Not record over the existing track. Help! Tryin' to get this CD finished before I die.

If you are in Mixdown mode and the Record button is lit, you're recording. You can always rename the song and try again.

Reactions: Mark Richards
Are you trying to re-record some of the tracks (channels) or are you trying to print a new mix? Different things. If you are re-recording some of the tracks you shouldnt be in mixdown mode. Go back to recording/multitrack mode (or whatever it is called), record and check if the tracks are re-recorded. After that go to mixdown mode and record/print a new mix.

EDIT: Reading your post again it seems like you are trying to record a new mix. Can you save the song under a different name, then try to record a new mix and see if that works?

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.