Where did my bass go?

Jaycat

Gear owned
Tascam DP-008
OK, riddle me this Batman. Using a DP-008. I have guitar on track 1, electric bass on track 2, vocals on 3 and 4 and lap steel on track 5.

When doing Master Record I turn up track 2 (bass) to about 4. Sounds good. Playback on Master Play, again sounds good. Then I transfer to the file to my computer and create an MP3 of the master in Audacity...

The bass has disappeared!! I go back and repeat the process a couple of times, finally turning track 2 up to about 8... now I can finally sort of hear it, but it's distorting a bit. Aarggh....

Any thoughts? Guitar and vocals were recorded with internal mic, bass and lap steel with DI. Thanks!

Jaycat/Ed - are you definitely transferring the correct file to the computer? Haven't got one of these machines, but if you list the exact steps you take, e.g. press button x, select menu item xxx, etc. I might be able to check the steps with the manual to see what's going wrong.
Ed - you've duplicated this question in another post - entry #5 in http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/new-to-dp-03sd.4978/
Can you please delete that post so we don't have two parallel threads going.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.