Windows 10 support for US-1800 and US-144mkII

Cheers david, i already had the latest driver. I reinstalled and no luck.

HOWEVER i just tried audio through my Kontrol rig 3 and i have sound on my windows 8.1 PC.

Could it be a registry or service related issue? In device manager >sounds video and game controlers... i have 2 versions of High definition audio devices.

Another solution is that both the Tascam and Focusrite are rat f@cked, which seems unlikely.

If it's installed, then you should see US-16x08 and US16x08 MIDI (or the ones for your particular audio interface) in the Device Manager under Sound, Video and Game Controllers. If you don't see those, make sure you run the TASCAM Settings Panel application. It won't work without that running.

Last edited:
Hello, I've tried installing my Tascam US122l to windows 10, with driver version from 2.0 to 2.05, all of the installation were fine, audio output and input works fine too, just that MIDI only goes OUT and does not goes IN, any solution please?

Hi David, I have a MIDI cable connected to my keyboard MIDI out, It works fine with my windows xp dekstop, trying to transfer everything to my windows 10 laptop, both windows i installed cubase sx2.0 . I installed MIDI-OX in my windows 10 to check the MIDI input, but still no reaction.

Check the Windows Device Manager to make sure you have the MIDI driver loaded under Sound, Video and Game controllers. You should see two drivers for the TASCAM: the one for audio and the one for MIDI. If not, reinstall the driver.

Yes, there is two driver shown, double click into the MIDI properties, it's status is "working properly". But I still can't get my MIDI IN...

That seems to be an older unit not made anymore. Are you sure it works with Windows 10? Make sure you have the latest driver and the latest firmware for it. Is your computer 32-bit or 64-bit? Make sure you have the right driver version. You may have to run it in Program Compatibility mode. Check out this link: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/1649-73-install-tascam-window

You may have to trace why it's not working. First check the cable to make sure it's working. Swap it with the other cable. Remember MIDI IN goes to MIDI OUT and MIDI OUT goes to MIDI IN. Check to make sure your keyboard is transmitting MIDI. Make sure your US-122's USB cable is plugged into the computer and not a USB hub. Hope that helps.

I'm sure the hardware and cables connection were fine as it still works with my windows xp dekstop. According to the forum you shared, it should work with windows 10 as well, downloaded and tried the drivers but still no luck.

Mine is a 64-bit, I've tried re-installing using Program Compatibility Mode to Vista, Vista ( service pack2), windows 7, windows 8... none of that work. I still could'nt get my MIDI IN. =(

So both LEDs work when plugged into the XP computer, but not the Windows10 computer? That tells me it has to do with Windows10 or the computer that has Windows 10. Did you try a different USB port? The US122 is USB 1.1. Try a USB 2.0 port rather than a USB 3.0 port if your computer has those.

I would completely uninstall the driver and then reinstall being careful to follow the installation instructions. Make sure the US-122 USB cable is NOT connected while installing the drivers. Then plug it in when the installation program tells you to. This is a common problem with installing drivers for USB devices.

Last edited:
Just tried uninstalling and reinstalling accordingly using USB 2.0 . Still not getting any signal from MIDI IN.

Hello, sorry, didn't make it online these few days, how shall i update the firmware? The latest firmware i see in tascam web for us-122 is updated on 2011. My windows 10 has the latest update as it is updated automatically... shall I use the 2011 firmware from tascam web? will it affect my windows system?

The firmware is the programming built into the US-122 so it shouldn't affect your Windows 10. However, be sure to read the instructions before installing it.

Just tried, still couldn't get my MIDI INPUT. However, thanks for spending time for all the solutions =)

New threads

Members online

No members online now.