Wouldn't switch off

Mrskippylen

Gear owned
Tascam dp-32sd
Hi everyone newbie here,and proud owner of the tascam dp-32sd.arrived last week.wondered if anyone has had this experience.having spent a couple of days recording about 12 tracks just to get used to the machine., whilst recording some keyboards. I had two messages appear one said file error and the other one was device error.they toggled between each other.but the worrying thing was the machine was still running and wouldn't switch off,no matter what buttons I pressed.i had to power down and when i restarted it all my 12tracks were gone.didnt think to video this as I panicked a bit because I couldn't stop it running.if it happens again it will be going back.anybody else experiencd this.thanks in advance.

Welcome @Mrskippylen. What you are experiencing is typical of SD cards and firmware issues.

Please read this: DP-24/32/SD New Members: Please Read This First | TASCAM Forums

Then:
  1. Make a backup of your SD card.
  2. Upgrade the firmware to the latest version.
  3. Verify that you are using an approved SD card (even if you are using a card that came with the machine).
  4. Format your SD card in the machine.
  5. Copy the contents back to the SD card.

Guilty. Yesterday, I was transferring via my PC's SD slot and the DP machine. Card failed , no backup. Noooooo

New threads

Members online