WOW! 16x08 4.0 New Driver

Eti Lau

Gear owned
Tascam Us-16x08
So far so good!
Buffer size can be set to 4 SAMPLES!!!

Reactions: -mjk-
The driver doesn't work for me! The device shows up in the settings panel, but then I try to play anything, and then it gives me a high pitched whine, and says "No Device"....Both lights are lit.

I'm especially frustrated because I can't figure out how to downgrade to the previous version. I emailed TASCAM support. I don't have the installation file anymore, and I can't find a download link on the website.

Update: Found the old drivers here: https://www.tascam.eu/en/downloads/US-16x08 Will see how this goes

Update 2: Now my interface doesn't work on either driver. Randomly trying things hoping it will work, which is honestly not a new experience when it comes to this interface. I don't recommend the 16x08 to friends for this reason.

Last edited:
Unplug the power supply cable and the usb cable. Reboot the computer and re-plug everything. Be sure to select at least 64bit "Samples" in the 16x08 control panel.

On my Windows 10 computer I had to uninstall all USB bus controller in windows device manager -lost my mouse in process- and reboot the PC.

Last edited:
As I said in other answers, my experience of installing the latest drivers and then rolling back to previous ones always remains problems. I solved by updating the USB drivers of the PC and making a clean installation of the new Tascam drivers ... Try and let me know, it seems that the update of the windows usb drivers works

New threads

Members online

No members online now.