X48 Will Not Power Up

Nelson McSwain

Gear owned
x48
I was using my X48 a couple of days ago, no problem. Today I went to power up and nothing. It was as if the unit was unplugged. Any ideas where to start?

I am in the process of getting mine up and going, bad caps on the motherboard. If I were in your shoes, I would give the power supply and all the related connections a look over to start.

Do you leave it plugged in at all times? If so, did you recently have a storm? I've had equipment destroyed even when on voltage regulators and surges. I pretty much unplug everything at wall when not in use to this day "just in case".

I've had everything protected through battery backup/surge protectors for 15 years and always thought I was covered. Our power blinked the other day during the hurricane. My console and monitors were plugged into the same USP or is it UPS battery backup and they are fine. But, I realize that doesn't really mean anything. Regardless, I think I should do as you do and start unplugging the backup unit from the wall when not in use.

Scott, you mentioned caps on the mother board. I hate to sound so dumb but I have no idea what you are referring to. In short, I'm a little over my head. My son is a bit of a computer geek, hoping for a little help from him. Thanks for the input guys.

Your problem is not capacitors. My unit would still power up but not boot with the dried capacitors on the motherboard. It also would not show any video output. Your issue truly sounds power supply related since the unit is dark and acts like it is not plugged in. I know it is a long shot, but did you check to make sure the power cable had not come loose on the back of the unit? You can go here to see my thread on the capacitors if you are interested.

http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/no-video-output.4266/

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.