I/FW-DM MKII not working on OSX 10.9 please help

I've had far fewer issues with Mavericks than with Mountain Lion. ML was a mess with the FW interface. Mavericks has been pretty much bug free.

Well Im on Lion and never intended to update to M/L cause of the problems that people were having. Being a working studio I can't afford any issues. Anyway unfortunately I am now in position that I HAVE to upgrade. Logix X which I use has a glitch that means I need the latest update, the problem is that Logic X can't update until I get 10.9. Such a pain in the ass but hoping that all the good reports will be what I achieve.

PM'd a few people for the driver so fingers crossed....

Thanks everyone for the info and good reports.

Mavericks 10.9.2. is working fine here.
DM firewire card is happy.
Logic, PT and Digital Performer are happy.

Major system jumps are always a bit dodgy, but in this case, well worth the effort.

Wishing you an easy transition.

I have been following the thread and realize it is time, since I am running 10.8 and Logic X. I would greatly appreciate it if someone watching here might send the latest IF-FW/DMmkII beta drivers to:
hammaren at geoconcepts dot com
Thx and much appreciated, John

Well, today I installed Mavericks and the new Tascam driver. No problems at all! Basically installed the OS, then the driver, updated Logic X, then turned on the desk and it all locked in nicely.

Audio passed to logic and back with no problems. Also Mavericks is a lot better if your using multiple monitors like I am, its a much better system.

Cheers

I am also having the no audio problems that this thread mentions using a DM4800 through a Mac Pro using 10.8 (having previously been on pc). If someone could please send the beta drivers for the IF-FW/DM mkII to
greg at greghobson dot co dot uk
I would be very grateful.
Thanks in anticipation, Greg.

FYI: Early indications that IF-FW/DM MKII Beta driver also seems to be working well in OSX 10.9.3 Seed Beta

Sent

I am in the same boat as most other people here. I would greatly appreciate the beta driver. For the record, I sent an email to Tascam requesting this i December and again in February, no answer yet...

My email is itfanten at hotmail dot com.

Thanks a lot!

Sent

@cmaffia

Could you send the beta? It would greatly appreciated!
Thanks,

hammaren at geoconcepts dot com

I've forgotten to say that I own a DM 4800..:)
Hi gentlemen,
I have installed Logic Pro X and plan to change the OS of my Imac from Moutain lion to Mavericks 10.9.2. Could someone be kind to send me the latest necessary IF-FW/DMmkII beta drivers to
christianlaurent@alice.it

Thanks a lot for your cooperation

Chris

Last edited:
@cmaffia
Hello!
I've posted a thread on this, but have received no replies.. everybody must be out enjoying the spring this weekend, but if you should happen to be reading this thread, could you post the Mavericks 10.9 driver to me as well?
codyh(at)mac dot com
I have a dm4800, which has now stopped working with the latest Logic X upgrade. I've been a bit crippled with workarounds using Mountain Lion, so I guess I'm now a candidate for the beta-club.

Cheers
Cody

Out enjoying the spring? Ouch! Not here in HELLsinki metropolitan area of People's Republic of Finishedland ... just rain and wind... well ... some strange people might enjoy it, though o_O
HaHa - my spring, your winter..
I might be a bit strange, still like to swim San Francisco bay year round, the cold water seems to have health benefits,
cheers!

BTW... got a copy of the beta driver.
Thanks!

Last edited:

New threads

Members online