I/FW-DM MKII not working on OSX 10.9 please help

I have a DM3200, and would love to get the beta driver as well! Been holding out on 10.7 until everything stabilized. :)

ericj -at- loopshot.com

sent.

Anyone else? PM me or email me at swellis01 at Hotmail dot com.
FWIW, when I send out an email with the attachments to a gmail address, it will get shot back me, undelivered. I don't know why. Try a different address if you can,
S

ooops, sorry Eric, that got shot back to me as well. Can you give me a Hotmail address?

I tried, but that got sent back to me as well. Do you have another?

@TascMan
For starters, a wholehearted THANK YOU! Now, I am perplexed. If you have a few moments, since I am an IT guy and in the interest of assisting others with the same problem, can you tell me if there is any useful information in the return message? How big is the attachment and what is the filetype (Zip?Exe?). I have no file limits since it is my server although it does go through McAfee spam service before it reaches me. Thanks.
John

Sure. I am perplexed as well.

I am sending these from my Hotmail account email. I have had only had three or four kickbacks, so these usually go through with no problem. When they don't go through, I will receive an immediate email that looks like this:

"postmaster@mail.hotmail.com (postmaster@mail.hotmail.com)
Add to contacts
4/12/14

To: xxxxxx@hotmail.com
Show this message...
Sent: Sat 4/12/14 3:35 PM
To: xxxxxx@hotmail.com

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Delivery to the following recipients failed."

The email contains the driver as an inserted file. The file is zipped and is being sent from my copy on my desktop. The full file name is :
IFFWDMmkII_Installer_165078_Release.zip (for the Mac version)

If unzipped, the file is a .dmg file called : IFFWDMmkII_Installer_165078_Release.dmg

The whole email with the attached file is only 326.6KB (tiny). My feeling is that since the files contain executable files (.exe for the windows version and .dmg for the Mac version) they are getting stopped by people's work servers or their own personal anti-virus programs.

Any other ideas?

For starters, please send me a message without attachment from Hotmail so we can establish a baseline. I have a Outlook.com account (the ultimate end place for Hotmail som day I am told) which I will dust off but need to see if the attachment is actually the problem at this point. Also, if there is more to th return message, send it along. Every nibble helps, as cryptic as it may seem. Thanks.
John

sent

You could just make a quick account on Hotmail so I can send this too you, then close the account...

AFAIK, my latest attempt for someone on this board was successful, with an .exe packed in a .zip and to a Hotmail account. Maybe renaming the .exe or .dmg to something inconspicuate as .txt may work?

Not a bad idea, but almost all of my sends have made it, no problem, all over the world. Just a few haven't. No problems yet going to Hotmail accounts.

Thanks to great help from my new friend Tascman (Stephen.) I think I have gotten to the bottom of the issues that hopefully will not cause any more hair pulling. This pretty much applies to any situation, on or off this board. In my case, the file was being blocked by McAfee Spam service, an outside service used by millions, like Postini before Google bought them and ruined it for the rest of non-Googloids. In most cases, corporate admins who use this and other services like it will configure the inbound inspection to block ANY executables including .exe (Windows) and .dmg (Mac). Zipping does not help. So, my suggestion is to use Hotmail (Now called Outlook.com), gmail or the like, as while they recognize executables, they are more likely to let you hurt yourself. In other words, download whatever and be prepared to face the consequences. As long as you are expecting a file and have a reasonable trust (as in this case) that file is safe, then have at it.

Hope this helps. I will also be happy to pay it forward, so will be pleased to reply to any requests along with the others who have been doing so. Finally, 10.9. Thanks very much Tascman
- John

My Pleasure!

I need beta drive plees inceparmak at gmail

Last edited by a moderator:
FIND it on the STICKY!!

See the sticky in the main dm3200/4800 category

New threads

Members online

No members online now.