I/FW-DM MKII not working on OSX 10.9 please help

Hello, can anyone help me for a beta driver for mac osx 10.9.2??
My mac can not see te tascamDM4800.

Many thanks!!!!

UHHGGG!! From the stickies...

download here
Username: iffwdm
Password: firefly

BTW, as per Redbus, don't upgrade to 10.9.5 yet.

Actually, in more recent news 10.9.5 is ok if you use the posted Beta driver v1.30f9. It's in 10.10 where the f9 driver does not work.

10.10 is due to released later this month, as soon as Oct 21. The 10.10 GM (Golden Master) has been released to Developers a few days ago. Unless there is some show stopper, the 10.10 GM will be the release version.

Thanks AW, sorry for this mis-info.

I installed the driver 1.30f9, but it still won't work. Maybe I do something wrong..... Please help. The dm4800: no cable/driver offline.

Last edited:
Did you restart the Mac? Do you have a known good Firewire cable between it and the mixer card? Did you have audio before installing the new OS?

Last week everyting worked fine. I did restart the Mac, and I didn't change the FireWire cable. Also restart the dm4800.

Last week everyting worked fine. I did restart the Mac, and I didn't change the FireWire cable. Also restart the dm4800.
More information please.
Are you saying that you when you changed your Mac OS to 10.9.2, the DM firewire stopped working?

What OS were you running prior to that?
Why did you change OS?
What are your system specs?
Why 10.9.2?

In my case, the DM firewire is working flawlessly with 10.9.5.
Same with the two previous system iterations.
It can work very well.

All, I signed up to the forums mostly just to say THANK YOU for this invaluable information. I am building a new studio with a new Mac Pro and a DM4800 with the IFFWDMmkII card, and have been fighting it for several hours until I came across this thread. Unfortunately, I did not see this until I had already installed OS 10.10, so I am in the (somewhat painful) process of wiping the boot disk and starting over with 10.9.2. It sounds like I am safe to go to 10.9.5, but I will stop there for now.

Thanks again!
Russ

Reactions: AudioWave
My full setup is a dm3200 with MKII firewire into my MAcbook Pro running protools 10,
Driver was currently at 1.304f when this happen'd
and i'm running mac os x 10.6.8

a couple of days ago my firewire card stopped communicating with my computer in the middle of a mixing session. I've tried every Driver update Tascman has provided in the link above (except for the very latest which isn't compatible with my operating system) still with no luck.
Can anyone give me any other suggestions please?

thanks again

First off you need to do some basic troubleshooting than just reinstalling a driver.

From what you describe I'd be looking at your computer and it's FW port.

- Is the MacBook ok in every other aspect such as it's HD still works and spins good
- Check the FW cable connection at both ends
- Try a different FW cable or FW adapter
- Reseat the IFFW card in the DM
- Does the computer FW work with some other FW device? Such as a FW HD?
- Does a different computer and/or FW card work with the IFFW card?

Thanks Audio Wave,

Its funny, i thought the last thing to try would be changing the cable seeing as i bought my other cable not that too long ago, but it turns out that was the problem. Always the case that its the most obvious thing that you try last. haha.

The FTP site info is on the first page of the sticky that says BETA drivers..

New threads

Members online

No members online now.