IF-FW/DMMKII beta drivers for DM3200/DM4800

Actually, it's great. I signed up for the public beta, and was really sad about having to go back to 10.9 when it broke the previous DM driver. First it's really pretty, and very easy to read and interact with. It's quick, even installed over the previous OS... new versions of Mail and Safari are very fast, and the OS itself seems much more efficient.

Here's a screen shot proving the results of the experiment:

screenshot.png

Heads Up Department: I've been e-mailing with RedBus, and he says that it shouldn't work, and if it does I probably have "the dev flag set in the nvram, that bypasses all these kinds of kernel checks." A utility I use, Trim Enabler, may have flipped this bit on initial launch of 10.10. According to RedBus, under normal conditions this should NOT be working. Proceed with caution. Or not at all.

Further conversation confirms it. Trim Enabler disabled the part of OS X 10.10 that kills the driver. This is only working on my machine... don't upgrade yet.

RedBus believes he has found the problem, and something that works for real with 10.10 should get released fairly soon. Do nothing til you hear from him.

Reactions: John Flynn and Jeff
Yay! RedBus, you rock.

I have a question... As you know I've been running 10.10 in dev mode, which happened because I ran an app to enable TRIM on my Samsung SS drives. I'm assuming that I can now go back to normal mode and my drives will still operated with TRIM enabled... Right?

Never mind: I found the answer. A Mac with kext signing enabled will not boot with TRIM enabled on SSDs.

So, now the question is... Which is more important? Kext signing security? Or TRIM enabled drives?

Yeah. The Trim fix works by patching one of the system drivers so that instead of only working with Apple specific models, it finds all SSDs. Thus the binary file has been compromised, and the certificate becomes invalid (detected corruption or possibly a root kit attempt).
Root kits on OS X aren't a thing yet, but this is the vector they would have used to get in. I'd have no problem running with certificate checking disabled, SSDs running at full speed is more important.

RedBus, is this new Tascam F10 driver based on the recently released TCAT v4.2 driver?

Thanks, Mr. Bus. That's how I would have proceeded, and the confirmation is appreciated.

beta pages offline for the weekend until the 17th- electric company working on the powerlines.

Regarding IF-FW/DM MKII Windows driver version 1.30f9

Installed this just three days ago and is so far working brilliantly with my DM4800 on Win 7 Pro 64 SP1 with both, Nuendo 6.5.40 and Cubase 8 Pro 8.0.5, with only one minor caveat: The Max DPC Latency monitor seems to be a little off kilter, in that it will run up after a bit and change the Recommended mode to Unstable, as well as various points in between, with no discernible affect being visible on my system, and no audio dropouts registering in the IF-FW/DM MKII Control Panel.
In other words, my DAW continues to operate flawlessly without any hint of a hiccup no matter how high this indicator rises. Even a check with Latency Monitor shows no issues. So, I can only assume that this is par for the course with this version and nothing to be concerned about, yes?
Other than that, it is a solid driver thus far for me and just wanted to pass along the info.

Jack

I believe Redbus said the latency monitor included with the latest beta version is not accurate. I can attest to that as I've been using the original Tascam standalone DPC checker simultaneously and they are nowhere close to each other most of the time.

I appreciate the corroboration cmaffia. Great driver so far other than that.

Hello mr gravity jim,redbus and everyone. Please I'm using a tascam dm 4800,with an iMac core i7.Osx 10.9.4 with beta version 1.30f6.Im still not getting it right.So far,my tascam is still not seeing the iffwdmmkii .What do i do now?I started with Osx 10.10 two weeks back which worked great for some days and stopped suddenly.Now I'm back to 10.9.4 and I'm still not seeing output of the iffwdmmkii.Please i need every help i can get right now.Thanks in advance

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.