IF-FW/DMMKII beta drivers for DM3200/DM4800

For 7 years I thought the best process was to boot the DM first then the PC. After upgrading to Windows 10, it was a 50/50 chance the audio would play. Once I booted thr PC first and then the DM, I never had the problem again.

You can network direct the macs together via TB. FW works only on one Mac at the same time.
DM Firewire has only one connection. I have an older Phonic Helix 24 mixer with 2 FW connections. This works with two PC or macs.

You can network direct the macs together via TB. FW works only on one Mac at the same time.
DM Firewire has only one connection. I have an older Phonic Helix 24 mixer with 2 FW connections. This works with two PC or macs.

I was under the impression he wanted a way to test the iMac's FireWire port and that he had no other FireWire devices. Connecting two mac's FireWire ports with a FireWire cable will create a network if the machines are working and the cable is good. The DM won't be used for the test.

Reactions: Peter Batah
So I ended up selling the iMac for parts, purchased a Mac Pro (2009) 2.93 Xeon Quad Core, 8 gigs ram, with Sierra 10.12.4, from those who knew the previous story, it continues

Now using the 400 to 800 cable from (Tascam DM3200 /400) ----- to ----(Mac Pro /800 front)

DM now says CARD - OK, 1394 LOCKED, but...... but......... IFFWDMKII Control Panel says
Sample Rate: 44.1Khz
Input Channels 32 (U U)
Output Channels 32(U U)
Audio Dropouts 0

So to my knowledge no AUDIO will pass through this , everything else works as it should, but not AUDIO, so Im off to find a PCIE 400 card for a MAC PRO. siiiiiiigh

problem solved, I went in and took out PRO TOOL AGGREGATED in which it also had 2/4-i/O in UTILITIES>audio midi setup>windows>audio interfaces.

Funny thing is I deleted this PRO TOOLS AGGREGATE like two times, I mean, hit the (-) icon to get it gone, and kept coming back, but after the 3rd try, it worked, I don't know, but Im happy. Im very HAPPY

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 2.43.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 2.43.58 PM.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: Rockum
You must be so relieved. I'm sure that you will get a much better sleep tonight knowing that all is well in FireWire land. Have a good one.

So the guy that purchased my iMac at the time, said that there WAS something wrong with the firewire port, Anyone want to take a guess as to what it was??????????????

Since I won't be able to see your faces and actually wait for a response, here it is.
There was a piece of, how would you say BRILLOW PAD type piece of debree in the socket, which kept the connectors from actually connecting the cable to the inside. So a quick pull apart (as he says) cleaned it out corrected a crooked connector and vwala it works he says, no problems. Sheeeesh, go figure.

Your persistence paid off. Awesome!

Yeah PETER BATAH, but I learned so much in my persistence. Mac Pro still has a problem with the firewire port upon starting up, showcasing the error message I mentioned about, but I've found out, if I start everything without the cable inserted, wait, then plug it in the CONTROL PANEL then locks 32/LOCKED. After that my Logic X 10.0.0. was having issues in SIERRA, after painstakingly doing investigation, I just upgraded to 10.3.1 and wouldn't you know, all is peachy keen.

I must really love doing this stuff, cause I stayed in here two days glued to my screen figuring this stuff out. Now I can BBQ till my hearts content ((SHRIMP ON THE BARBY anyone)

@BLIZZY1BLIZZY How about shipping some of that shrimp over to Canada?

@BLIZZY1BLIZZY Great productions on your Bandcamp site. Queens here.

CMAFFIA -- thank you sir, that means a lot to me, and your stuff as well, I never got to tell you due to my frustrations with the firewire fiasco.

PETER BATAH--- wish I could have saved you some Aye (isn't that what they say in Canada (Aye), or is it DRAKE, OVO, 66 something) either way, no shrimp left ha ha haha

Reactions: Peter Batah
@BLIZZY1BLIZZY By the way, I too am enjoying your bandcamp material. Smooth baby!
Actually, we Canucks have be known to use the term eh? on occasion made famous in large part to the SNL comedy skit "Wayne's World"

Boo Hoo Hoo There is never any shrimp left. Have you ever served shrimp leftover eh?

Take care. So glad you got your issue resolved. Peter

@Peter Batah Don't forget Bob and Doug McKenzie.
Eh you hoser!

@cmaffia Geez! I'm Canadian and should have made reference to the "Great White North" skit from the SCTV days. What was I thinking. Thanks for the history lesson eh!

This is myrideisa…or Myrideisa96. My post as myrideisa over 3 years ago (see post above Audiowave) is actually the same position/set-up I'm at now. Decided that I could do all that I wanted to do at that level. But, now I believe I'm facing some negative results from not being able to upgrade my OS (security issues, etc. plus I can't upgrade a video editing program until I do an OS update). So here goes again. Remember that nothing has changed with my set-up from May 31, 2014.
I finally received a response (after 3 or 4 inquiries over a 6 month timeframe) from a NFaison at Tascam Operational Support. His response to my question "When is the PC AUDIO INTERFACE OS COMPATIBILITY CHART is going to be updated? Last update was in September." If you go to that chart on Tascam's site it still says the driver for the
IF-FW/DMMKII is still under development. His response and I quote: "The IF-FW/DMMKII has been tested successfully on the Sierra operating system." My FW Firmware version is still 1.10 (88685) and Driver version 1.22 (147975). Now what? I can't believe I can update my OS without having serious issues with my FW card at it's present level. NFaison didn't mention firmware or driver level requirements. I've sent another inquiry to him but I doubt he'll answer. Thanks for any help at all on this subject. I'm at almost a dead-stop here. ds.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.