IF/FW-DMmkII drivers running under El Capitan

Woking here on MacPro with update from 10.10.5 & IFFWDMmkII_Installer_185483_Release to 10.11.0 to 10.11.1 and then installing IFFWDMmkII_Installer_188754_Release on top of previous install.

I have not tried a fresh virgin install on 10.11.1, but it is possible that there could be an issue such as a driver signing issue that does not occur when you update from a previous working install.

I did the same as written one post above and now the sound card is recognised.

Thanks much!
omer

Any word on TMCompanion?
That is working as well in OS X 10.11.1 from me on MacPro doing the upgrade from 10.10.5 so there was no need for me to to install it.

Gravity Jim: Not sure what MIDI interface you are using; I have 2 MOTU MIDI Timepieces (One II AV and one old serial/non-USB unit networked to it). MIDI hadn't been working in El Capitan with Logic Pro for me until MOTU's latest BETA driver release for their MIDI interfaces (including their legacy stuff). Now all seems to be working. Audio/MIDI setup is seeing all my instruments and Clockworks has full access to both of my interfaces. While there are still problems with a lot of software instruments and other plug-ins, most seem to be working for me.

I'll stand behind the latest driver set for OSX 10.11 EL-Captain and the DM-4800! No issues and the FireWire output is tight enough to phase with my Motu 424 / 2408 together out of Logic ProX 10.2..,

Reactions: Jeff
Fclm I agree my little Midiman 2X2 Midi I/O is fine as well !! v firmware are you running on your desk? I'm just curious?

I'm a believer of not to fixing what's not broken but I do have occasional issues with things turing up without my say.., Although My TMC my DAW the UAD and the rest of my plugs are working in addition to the remote layer and transport.. Sometimes due to your install order can screw things up, so it's a delicate balance its not terrible or anything!

I've been following this board for a bit now and haven't had a need to post. I followed the install order given by AudioWave and was successful in getting the card recognized.

Woking here on MacPro with update from 10.10.5 & IFFWDMmkII_Installer_185483_Release to 10.11.0 to 10.11.1 and then installing IFFWDMmkII_Installer_188754_Release on top of previous install.

I have not tried a fresh virgin install on 10.11.1, but it is possible that there could be an issue such as a driver signing issue that does not occur when you update from a previous working install.

I run Pro Tools 12.2 on a 2011 Macbook Pro and I am running into an issue with CPU after routing more than 8 tracks @ 48 KHz to and from the DM-3200. Is anyone else having this issue? I wonder if the latest driver is fully functional with El Capitan or not.

I can't seem to get my iffwdm working with elcapitan on my Mac Pro and dm-4800. What driver should I be using?

I'm not an expert but from all the reading and reserach I've done most people should not be upgrading to El Capitan. It seems the last consistently stable release for a variety of hardware and softare for audio production is 10.10.5. I'm upgrading to 10.10.5 and PT 12.3 next week (hopefully!). But I have a full clone of my 10.8.5 os in case it doesn't work.

OK Got it! Thanks everyone dm4800 with IF-FW MKll working with ElCapitan.

I made a video with the result obtained through a clean install of El Capitan (10.11.2).
- The FireWire card is not recognized
- The control surface works properly via USB

Tomorrow I will do a fresh install with the Yosemite 10.10.2, test if everything works correctly and then upgrade to the El Capitan. I will post a new video with the result.

I received my DM4800 yesterday and as it is still in my house and will only be installed in the studio next year, I will be able to perform some tests. If someone needs some specific test I can try here.

* Sorry for the poorly video quality.

Reactions: demon_beats
As previously reported by AudioWave we can use the DM4800 + El Capitan performing the system upgrade (Yosemite> El Capitan, I have not tested the upgrade through older systems).

What has been done:
- Clean the OSX installation Yosemite 10.10.2 through a system image (if you do not have a system image is easy to get via torrent, google it)!
- Installation of TMC, firewire driver and Pro Tools (as usual)
- With everything running was upgraded to El Capitan through the App Store.

* Pro Tools 11 (or older) is not officially supported by El Capitan
* Through a clean install of El Capitan the IF/FW-DMmkII will not operate.
* There may be incompatibility between El Capitan and other parts of your setup, search for before proceeding with the upgrade. I do not take responsibility for problems.

On Mac OS X, if the IFFW driver is installed correctly and the DM is powered on, in OS X Audio MIDI Setup you should see the IFFW listed as a selectable audio device. See attached screen shot.

I would suggest first with DM powered off that you remove and reseat the IFFW card into the DM to ensure it is inserted correctly into Slot 1.

Then with DM powered on, re-install the IFFW f10 driver (
IFFWDMmkII_Installer_188754_Release.dmg ) on top of what ever you currently have installed and then reboot Mac when install completes. It may be just be as simple as that. If you don't see the IFFW listed in Audio/MIDI, then there is some install issue to be resolved.

Also, in OS X System Information (System Report) when DM is powered on and when driver is installed correctly, you will see it listed in the Firewire section. Screen shot also attached.

You might also check that the Apple TB-FW adapter is also enumerated correctly in the TB section because it that is not working, then the IFFW won't ever work.

Screen shots are from OS X 10.9.5 on a 2014 Mac Pro as that is what I was using at the time I captured them, but they should be the same or very similar to your MacBook Air and with OS X 10.11.2

Audio:MIDI.png
.TB-FW Adapter.png
OSX FW.png

Via upgrade [OSX Yosemite 10.10.2 > OSX El Capitan 10.11.2] I have everything working properly. The problem occurs only in a direct installation to version 10.11.2 (clean Install)

I use this macbook air at home, I created 2 partitions and I'm using one for testing and to learn how to use the DM as it (and I!) Are not working in the studio. If you have any specific test tell me, I can do here.

There is really no test. Assuming no cable or connection issue, It either installs correctly or it doesn't .I have note tried to install directly to.11.2. I am now testing on 10.11.3 so perhaps in the next few days I will try a virgin IFFW install and see how that goes.

If you can't install directly on 10.11.2 then you likely need to do a fresh Yosemite or Mavericks install, then install IFFW driver, then update to 10.11.2 as that is known to work.

I made two videos, one from the clean installation of 10.11.2, where the firewire card does not work and the other from the upgrade (Yosemite> El Capitan), where it all went.They are just above.

Great Video Dimobr, I think its made me brave enough to try the El Cap install. However since MacOS Sierra is coming soon I wonder if I should just wait? The only issue I have is that if I install it and something goes wrong I cant really go back as I have Nvidia cards in my Mac Pro as my stock card blew up. Which means I would not be able to see my boot screen to restore from a backup or clone :-(

Can I restore via time machine through the OS without doing the boot version? I also have Carbon Copy cloner which may provide an option but I will have to look.

Well I will give El Cap a go and post my results.

Mac Pro 12 core 5,1 (2012)
Current Yosem install
Logic Pro X

Reactions: dimobr

New threads

Members online

No members online now.