Tascam Dm3200 How to send my dry vocal from assignable send to my processor's input ?

sessizmod

Gear owned
Tascam Dm3200
I'm trying hard to achieve this but no use.. I have DM3200 with if dm mk 2 firewire card, i have voicelive gtx, what i'm trying is to send a dry vocal track in my Daw (Logic X Pro) to Mic in of my VoiceLive Play GTX and apply some effects and record in another track. I could send stereo output but it's not what i want. I want just some particular track to be send to VLP GTX's Mic in but i'm having a hard time doing this. Firstly, how can i send signal from a particular track in Logic X Pro to one of DM3200's assignable aux sends and from there to processor's input.. I know this question may sound really silly to you but it's just too much for me i guess.. I don't want to buy any external extensions etc. Can i do this process with the setup i have..? Any helps will be appreciated..

I am not sure I fully understand what you are trying to achieve.
Am I correct when I say you want to send a track in Logic to an external effects processor and back, and you want to use the DM for that?

If so, yes, you can send a track to one of the firewire inputs on the DM, route that to a send, connect the (physical) send to your VLP and back through the return, route this return to one of the firewire outputs to Logic.

I guess it depends on the in/outs on the VLP whether this is physically possible. The sends and returns are balanced TRS, so you probably need balanced TRS/TRS cables or TRS/XLR cables.

The internal routing in the DM (firewire/sends/returns/firewire) you should be able to figure out with the manual and the many posts concerning routing in the DM on this forum.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Peter Batah
Sessizmod, did you ever get an answer to your question? I have been trying to get an answer to my nearly identical question. I want to send headphone cue audio from Pro Tools through the Tascam Firewire card to the Tascam DM 3200 assignable sends. (The 1-4 TRS out jacks.) I have the main stereo signal going out of those assignable sends but can't figure out how to route a specific channel from Pro Tools to each assignable send. Unfortunately there seems to be very little activity on this forum.

Steve

Hey Marvel.
Yes it's exactly what i want to do. Send a track from Logic to my voicelive processor and send processed signals to logic again. I managed to send stereo out to mic in of the processor but not more. I will try your tips and thanks for that.. I will write back when i do it.

And Steve i'm sorry i still couldn't manage it. I will let you know when i do.. How about you? You handled?

Sessizmod,

I presume you want to process a track that is already recorded? If instead you want to process one track AS IT IS BEING RECORDED, then just plug your processor into one of the channel insert jacks on the back of the DM-3200.

Yes I did learn how to send any specific track (or submix) from the DAW to one of the 4 assignable outputs on the back of the DM-3200. From there you can take it to your processor box, and back to a DM-3200 mike/line input. There will be some latency introduced with this routing.

The answer was in this thread: http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/assignable-sends-routing.5444/

And previous discussion was in this thread: http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/pro-tools-signal-to-dm-3200-aux-outs-1-4.4970/

Steve

Hey Steve.

Yes i want to process a track already recorded. Maybe two or more times with different effects. I will try the tips when i go to my console. For a few days i've been trying to route midi from Windows Paralel Machine's DAW to Mac's Logic X and fortunately i made it so i gave a little break to that stuff.. i sometimes feel like my head is gonna explode..

New threads

Members online

No members online now.