US-16x08 missing drivers

By dropping I mean Windows randomly loses Tascam US16x08 ASIO in thin air. And it reads on Settings Panel that "Sample Rate: No ASIO found" (or similar).

Sound is perfect when ASIO is working (windows theme sounds turned off, they caused random glitching for example on folder/file clicks). So no sound glitching after I turned Windows sound theme off.

I'll keep an eye when the ASIO driver drops happen..

Edit: Got my US16x08 this week, so only tried newest on Tascam website. I might check v1.01. Don't use Chrome, so that might work.

Last edited:
Humm..seems to be working now..with no touching the power button while connected to computer.

Reporting in. Been working fine since. I have left power button alone, it's almost always on.

Windows 7, driver v1.03 (haven't tried newer, this works now).

I have been running v1.04 since its release. It has been super stable on Win10. v1.04 fixed an audio issue for users of Reaper and Band-in-the-Box. I use Reaper (after SONAR and Bitwig), so I needed to upgrade. Don't see any reason not to, since the issue with those two apps might also exist with others.

From software side of view, I've been using mainly FL-studio, sometimes Renoise. But most of the time just plain mixer while I play with synths, looper and guitars. I might give it a try. Although they say you shouldn't mess with things when they work :D

I can't get the drivers working on Windows 7 64bit.
I get a 'Code 52' error and a yellow exclamation sign. It's very frustrating and I'm considering returning the interface back to the dealer.

Don't know about that..I wiped my gaming rig clean to make it my music station, so I installed TASCAM on fresh Win 7 64bit.

Mastropiero, can you get into TASCAM US16x08 Settings Panel at all? You can't open settings panel, if your unit isn't powered on. I propably have had mine on 24/7 for a month :p

I can open settings panel, but just get a "No interface" message on the interface tab.

Now I've been able to install drivers and detect the device, but the thing is even worse: just a few seconds after I switch it on (or connect the USB cable) the whole computer freezes and I have to turn off.

:(

What does it do, if you power it on before you power up your desktop/laptop?
You using USB hub? If so, external power or without? What about port? Using USB 1.0,2.0 or 3.0?

Hi Sami,
  • If I first power the interface on, Windows freezes as soon as the 16x08 driver is loaded by the OS, just before the logon screen is shown. I can't even move the mouse pointer.
  • No, I'm not using an USB hub, it's directly connected to a mainboard's USB port (tried different ports too, identical results).
  • It's USB 2.0.

No other USB device is causing similar issues. Everything else is working fine on my desktop.

And I almost forgot it: it's a fresh Windows 7 64bit installation, with SP1 and KB3035131 and KB3033929 security updates.

Then try this. Power tascam off. Close settings panel. Run settings panel as admin (shift click or mouse right). Turn power on.

:( I already tried that... and same results. Just a few seconds after I power the interface on, the computer is halted (with the settings panel opened or closed, it doesn't make a difference).

Other things I've tried (without success):

Stopping/starting the Windows Driver Foundation service.
Enabling/disabling the UAC.
Enabling/disabling the DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS and TESTSIGNING on the Windows boot options.

Any idea?

Device error 52 is related to signatures. Are you sure KB3033929 installed correctly?

Standard test, try uninstall instead of over-write to refresh the files : Uninstall the drivers, reboot, check the US-16x08 isn't recognized, then install the latest drivers again and reboot.

@RedBus ,

as I said before, the issue is a different one now. I managed to install the drivers and the system recognizes the US-16x08, but the whole computer freezes just a few seconds after it appears on the device manager.

Well...

I've been able to run the drivers and the interface. The problem was related to some conflict with my SCSI card and the SATA raid. I had to reinstall Windows on a non-RAID disk, then the Tascam drivers and finally I cloned the disk to the RAID volume.

Now the Tascam works.

But... it is still not perfect though. When I turn the Tascam on, the CPU comsumption raises insanely up to 100%. If I turn the interface off, the CPU goes 0% again.

vb8GTGZ6AD0Q3jBx5vl9aZEtWgTcW8apXVTx-qQKKOrsYhB0jc3XD5g7CI9yGIrZJlgfFN5BYBnKHl29N9bndhaKE4QQwVA7BYHnDUr898w5YQ32hvjButrtztEsa4maI02pCxyiSm95VynJea3R10hYeEITJuSKqz1e4GXRI29FvMCeTjC47P3zRMMz4F83eocaZz6nfu1c4c9ttu5AnpmgkTT9KVWANTQkDrGx0afY59ZIVGgFTGW5EIbmA2REZUjOkVa8ttPnZDC0gPZUmJpJeiU8bI5Ix9a1pa1M_-R_NqTpbh3ciYNkzK48zfkvzWxh6zhOXgXBOBxDAXh098ppt-Y7L68-JK0h7Telv1iyOXQbCUM90SgvnKU0T3XtZF_JQwniSgL6MHJ1hOQNMn8JIF8gRJmqGzJ7mzGFtaW0EFxRuB0_BQ3ypdJo3IFtepaL_kaQSQl_GoJwJe5b7oEdmfRsdq7ZzpPiItxfIVHlVbc2MMdPlKPa-5Dhp7-n5D7vX3L3pLfdcPAXIVPZoU5aaEjO7tGNM8O7r536Zso6=w690-h174-no

:cry:

I didnt try yet, but some people around here fixed the cpu problem with 3.0 usb ports. Maybe it will work for you.

I don't have a 3.0 usb port, and I should not have it in order to get it working.

According to the Tascam specification, the interface uses 2.0 usb port and that's what I've got on my computer. But it just doesn't work.

It's a flawed design, Tascam should stop shipping this interface.

I'm returning back the Tascam to the seller today.

Sorry Tascam... I go Focusrite instead.

I have in on USB2.0.

Hope you get the equipment you need for no more problems.

Wow! I am amazed with all of the problems experienced with this interface Tascam would pull the plug and stop selling this unit. I bought one back in July and just now opened it to set it up. That was not a good move. I too am experiencing a load of issues with this thing.

I run Windows 7 Ultimate / 64 bit / 16GB RAM / and use both Presonus Studio One - 2.05 Pro & Sonar X3 Producer.

For one, this thing maxes out my CPU. Once I disconnect it, the CPU dropped back down to practically nothing. It won't work on either of my DAWS. The drain on my CPU would make it practically impossible to record anything anyway.

I've downloaded the latest drivers and have done a remove / re-load and reboot numerous times to see if that would help and it doesn't. I also disabled my anti-virus, internet and set my PC to "High Performance" and it still doesn't work.

It does show the unit is installed on the settings panel and I can get a signal from a mic from input #1 to the mixer, but there is no sound. Another fantastic feature!

I'm glad this works for some folks, but with as many problems as I've read on this forum, I'm sure after spending an entire day to figure it out, I've wasted close to$300.00 for useless piece of junk. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get this interface working properly, I'd be glad to hear what you suggest. I've contacted Tascam but I'm pretty sure I won't hear back from them.

It worked for me, no CPU problems either.

But I went for full hardware setup, bought Mackie ProFX16v2 mixer. Tascam still sits there below Octatrack, in case I need ASIO and/or more inputs.

New threads

Members online