US-16x08 missing drivers

Did any one download the updated driver and got it working (v1.01)? Mine doesnt get windows to recognize the hardware... Tried many times. Every time i reinstall the older version it works. Is there anyone with the same problem?

Running 1.01 with no problems here.

v1.0.0 borked a bunch of Win7 audio. v1.0.1 fixed almost all of the issues (I still got no audio from the YouTube app when launched from Chrome). However, after the update to Win10, the driver is unrecognized. The mixer app opens on startup, but the ASIO driver itself is nowhere to be found.

I still didnt get it working on win 7. Tried to download from TASCAM site several times, but i think something is breaking when i download it. I had 4 diferent sizes of download, very weard. Ill try to connect on a 3.0 card and see if it solves my issues of driver update and cpu % problems...

Reactions: JardinPrimitivo
Good morning, I'm from Brazil and do not know much English, but if you can help me I will be grateful.

I bought a Tascam 16X08 interface and I'm having trouble installing in the Windows 7 64-bit.

Does not recognize the ASIO driver, says he has a digital driver signature problem.

if you can help me with step by step installation or some other procedure is required before installing I will be very grateful.

thanks.

I've never had Win7 ...

Try running the install as admin and telling it to install anyway when it warns that the driver is unsigned

Try also downloading the 2 versions of driver from other places. I had some problem with the version 1.01, but solved it downloading from my laptop. I dont know if it was the website, but i had several of different sizes of download.

Update your windows to latest update can give you some help.

Dont install connected to the interface. Just say yes, i agree etc.... and restart your pc. Theres no mistery besides that, i think. Maybe a bad download or update, like i had. Good luck.

First I installed the us 1608 with a msi 770 c45, Athlon x2 3600 4 GB RAM win7 x32 Starter and no trouble to install the drivers. The machine recognized inmediatly the new hardware and after doing the changes in the visual options and power options that figure in the manual, it was working fine (apparently). With the first recording of 16 individual tracks 24 bits 44.1 khz I realised that some errors occured during recording (like some kind of glisandro)n , also the leds worked with a bit latency in recording and fine in reproduction. But the performance of the program ( I use Nuendo since 2002) was very poor. As the OS x 32 only sees 2GB Ram (half ) I ve decided to change the OS to win7 SP1 x64 and then: NOTHING!!!
Im very interested in the solution to this trouble and I think that Tascam should hurry up and deliver safe drivers. Good luck to all and sorry about my english.
Saludos desde Buenos Aires!

In latency above 512, nuendo started to recognize it... Im changing to protools beacause of that.

Mr Anderton ( from another fórum) emailed some contacts at Tascam and...
Official reply from Tascam

We found a problem with the US-16x08 Windows drivers just before shipping. We want them to have the same level of stability as our drivers for the US-2x2 and US-4x4, so our warehouse and dealers had been instructed to hold shipments but a few got shipped out anyway. There isn't an estimate yet for when the Windows drivers will be completed.

So... we are not suposed to have the equipment yet... So relax and be cool... we must wait...

Cheers
If I have found this post before buying the us 1608!!!!!!!

Glad some of you like these and have them working OK,
I'm sure if I can get mine up and running it will be great , as full band recording should be no issue.

I'm running a Toshiba Laptop C660-21e Win7 Pro 64Bit. Tried the 16x08 in a mates win 8 machine works first time. but on my machine nothing , it wont recognise the drivers at all for the 16x08. Ive turned off all security/firewalls etc. checked all USB & hardware drivers are active and up to date. removed and re installed the 16x08 drivers about 20 times , tried all usb ports and changed USB cables. Ive done repair boot of windows to make sure everything is correct.
My old Maudio works great, removed all associated software from that.
In Windows hardware manager the 16X08 Icon shows, but when you point it at the drivers or run the hardware driver fix wizard it always says no driver can be found. and in the 16x08 control panel interface section, nothing registers at all.

So if any Win7 users have overcome similar , please let me know.
Thanks in advance
First installed with win 7 Starter completed installation fine, but worked with latency on the video (leds, etc). Recordings of 16 tracks 24 bits 44.1 worked fine but the audio presents some loss or acelerates aleatory for a second in all tracks at the same time. I suposed that installing a x64 win 7 Home Premiun OS would work better but then NOTHING happened. The installation fails before restarting when I connect the interface. Tried lots of tricks and nothing, the driver seems to be the better found for the device but doesn t work. I ll try with another OS till I find the solution while Tascam do their TasKKK!!!!

Good morning, I'm from Brazil and do not know much English, but if you can help me I will be grateful.

I bought a Tascam 16X08 interface and I'm having trouble installing in the Windows 7 64-bit.

Does not recognize the ASIO driver, says he has a digital driver signature problem.

if you can help me with step by step installation or some other procedure is required before installing I will be very grateful.

thanks.
Parece ser que los drivers para windows no funcionan en todos los equipos igual. Busca mi post para ver lo que probe. Con win7 x32 Starter se instalaba bien pero andaba con cierta latencia. Me pase a un win7 x64 y NADA DE NADA. Ahora encuentro este post que dice que Tascam advirtio a los dealers locales que NO venda la interfaz por problemas con los drivers. Lee esto
Mr Anderton ( from another fórum) emailed some contacts at Tascam and...
Official reply from Tascam

We found a problem with the US-16x08 Windows drivers just before shipping. We want them to have the same level of stability as our drivers for the US-2x2 and US-4x4, so our warehouse and dealers had been instructed to hold shipments but a few got shipped out anyway. There isn't an estimate yet for when the Windows drivers will be completed.

So... we are not suposed to have the equipment yet... So relax and be cool... we must wait...

Cheers

Por el momento me siento estafado!

Hi everybody... Please, somebody can help me? ... I just got from Amazon a Tascam US-16X08 but I can not find the drivers in Tascam´s download webpage. I am running win 7 32 bits.
The device sounds very good BUT THE DRIVERS ARE THE HELL WRONG. Try a different OS. Win 8.1 seems to work fine with tascam drivers but not in all the machines. Its very frustating And I had a lot of cables prepared for the new gear.

upgraded to win10 64 today. mixer app doesn't open. acts as if the asio drivers don't exist... have tried reinstalling, etc.

still nothing

WX Driver Testing is in final stages, according to Tascam!

v1.03 on Win7. ASIO driver keeps dropping once awhile, it's so frustrating, otherwise a fine device, but this makes me want to change the maker.. :(

What do you mean by "dropping?" Are you getting glitches in the audio? What's your buffer size set to? What are your PC specs (CPU type, speed, amount of ram, 32- or 64-bit, etc.)? Did v1.01 work and then v1.03, with the same settings, fail?

When I was on Win7 running driver v1.01, I had to run with a buffer size of 256. With Win10 running driver v1.03, I'm down to a buffer size of 64 with no glitching. I'm now able to use GTR3 v3.5 in standalone mode with NO latency (I had a little noticeable latency at 256). Very happy!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.