US-16x08 missing drivers

If I may ask, what did the full hardware set up involve? I have a Sampson L2000 USB mixing board but it only records a stereo channel. This is why I bought the Tascam 16x08

Wow! I am amazed with all of the problems experienced with this interface Tascam would pull the plug and stop selling this unit. I bought one back in July and just now opened it to set it up. That was not a good move. I too am experiencing a load of issues with this thing.

It's working fine for me on Windows10. On a forum like this, you only hear from people having problems, not all the successes.

If you're not getting sound, make sure on the USB 16x08 Settings Panel that you set the outputs for Line Out 1 and Line Out 2 to Master L and Master R.[/QUOTE]

If I may ask, what did the full hardware set up involve? I have a Sampson L2000 USB mixing board but it only records a stereo channel. This is why I bought the Tascam 16x08
By that I ment that I'm no longer depended from Tascam being also my mixer, since it needs computer to work properly.

Current Mackie has Main mix plus two LR sub mixes. But it records only stereo in computer. Another reason tascam sits there if needed. But currently I wanna do things without computer.

For my knowledge it works only mic preamp in standalone mode. Mixer mode stays on after computer connection until you cut the power though.

i have windows 7, with the latest drivers and it still wont work for me. my computer doesnt recognize it as an audio device, any help?

Yeah, it's strange how some don't have any issues with it and other can't get it to work. It shows up in my DAW and I've set the input channel assignments but when I bring up a new song to record, it doesn't show up in my selection options. It also eats a ton of CPU and my PC runs like a snail with a broken leg. If someone can offer up a step by step how they got theirs to work that would be awesome. Also, what is the Settings Panel / Mixer good for if I'm using a DAW?

Ok I got mine to work, just had to update Windows. The setting/mixer board is good for tweaking the volume/compression/eq of the input going in to the daw

Hello.
I am new to Tascam forum and to audio too...
This is my question: I'm planning to record a live demo for my band, and I bought a US-16x08.
I'going to send all instruments into my 16 channel mixer that has 16 direct outs. Than I want to send the signals from direc outs of the mixer to the 16x08 to record everything on different tracks. Shall I necessarely use (for inputs 1 to 8) balanced cables or may I use unbalanced ones?
Many thanks for your reply, an sorry if my question is stupid!

http://tascam.com/product/us-16x08/

Inputs 1-8 are XLR, 9-16 TSR Jacks. Everything is balanced but I used unbalanced cables when I started my synth hobby. Now I have all cables balanced.

Hello.
I am new to Tascam forum and to audio too...
This is my question: I'm planning to record a live demo for my band, and I bought a US-16x08.
I'going to send all instruments into my 16 channel mixer that has 16 direct outs. Than I want to send the signals from direc outs of the mixer to the 16x08 to record everything on different tracks. Shall I necessarely use (for inputs 1 to 8) balanced cables or may I use unbalanced ones?
Many thanks for your reply, an sorry if my question is stupid!
You can use unbalanced cables too. But balanced are a safer choice.

After 10 months of trying to figure out how to get this unit to work with multiple conversations with the Tascam support folks. They offered a number of suggestions, but never were able to provide the solution. I was running Window 7 Ultimate and downloaded the latest driver and all of the Windows updates Tascam suggested I try. As a last resort I downloaded Windows 10 and relloaded the driver which did the trick. This also resolved the high CPU usage. After 10 highly frustrating months, I can now say the 16x08 works great!

Windows 7 Home 64bit and 1.03 was stable for me. Glad you got it working.

After 10 months of trying to figure out how to get this unit to work with multiple conversations with the Tascam support folks. They offered a number of suggestions, but never were able to provide the solution. I was running Window 7 Ultimate and downloaded the latest driver and all of the Windows updates Tascam suggested I try. As a last resort I downloaded Windows 10 and relloaded the driver which did the trick. This also resolved the high CPU usage. After 10 highly frustrating months, I can now say the 16x08 works great!
Ok, nice i want to try win10, but just a question... The USB port in your computer ¿is 2.0 or 3.0 or 3.1?

I had it in USB2.0 -> USB hub -> TASCAM

Hi, sorry for the delay in responding. I have the unit plugged into a 2.0 port.

FYI, if you have questions and need Tascam's help, email your questions to
custser5@teac.com They've been good about responding the same day.

@Antanalog Stop polluting unrelated topics with the same question please!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.