2x fw1804 in a daw?

itsy vious

Gear owned
FW1884
Hi
Is it possible to use 2x FW1804 in a DAW - specifically Ableton Live - so I can have 16+ audio inputs?
If so, are there any particular procedures to follow.
Win10/64

Thanks in advance.
Itsy

I think it is a matter of audio card, do you use ADAT or Optical what sooundcard do you use?
I think it is easier over firewire, but i would think it also depend on what DAW you use if multiple sources can be used?

I only have one Tascam FW1884 i know there is some sort of addon board to extend it to 16 channels though.
JT

Well when i think about it, it seem clear to me that a 16 channel ADAT audiocard would do it.
Because it would appear as a 16 channel audiocard in DAW?

And i think i do read right now that Focusrite Saffire 56 support 16 ADAT channels????

Maybe for 32 channels .
Firestudio LightPipe?

I guess for firewire it really depends on DAW, because you would need two firewire channels to be used at once?

By the way do you program, want to help me make an online software interface "controls surface" for the FW1884 FW1084?

It is very basic programming in javascript "basicly just figure out what the messages should be from manual" how to send them out, and adjust them "from UI" is already done. I have done the leds, but it is hard to read out the instructions from manual for how sliders and pan should be implemented.

So a virtual control surface for them.

New threads

Members online