388 Studio 8

Yuppers . . . . I think the old 388 was the epitome of the porta-studio concept, admittedly without the "porta" . . . considering size and weight . . . but for a studio-in-a-box, I believe the 388 is the most advanced evolution there ever was (analogue) . . . until digital took over. To me, it was a logical step to go from the 388 to the SX-1 . . . . another all-in-one self-contained studio-in-a-box . . . . but unlike the Rolands and the other competing units, the SX-1 is not exactly (easily) portable . . . just like the big and heavy 388 compared to all the various porta-studio formats . . . . either way, I love the days of big VU meters on every channel and a dedicated one-function per controller/knob architecture, as opposed to pages of menus . . . . . and if one can live with quarter-inch and 7.5 IPS, well, how much better can it get?

I loves my 388 . . . you said it, Johnny . . . Digital may be functional and practical, but in the end . . . . Analogue Rules.

:cool:

yes i used to own one and had a blast recording a record with it. very fun machine with a lot of character to the sound. large and very heavy, if they could make a small version i'd be all over it.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.